Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

I'd gamble on Rashford for the right price. His goal return is remarkably good and consistent across seasons, even including this one.

Richarlison I wouldn't touch. I feel like he's one of those players that was only hyped due to how good he was at his age, but is now a couple years older and has failed to really kick on.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I'd gamble on Rashford for the right price. His goal return is remarkably good and consistent across seasons, even including this one.

Whilst I agree, there's your problem 

Biggest home grown talent for them since the 92 boys, all the endeavours off the pitch, England international, Greenwood not coming back 

No matter how off form he gets, or their fans moan, or he needs to move, they won't sell him, definitley not for the sensible £40m odd that he's worth at best 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i thought that too a bit ago, but i went and watched a load of vids of him, as many as i could find tbh, and his highlight reels arent even that good tbh, i know he's Brazilian, but i really think if his name was Richards, we might not even look twice at him.......

Maybe he is a good player, performing badly in a poor team though.....who knows.

He's a good player. Even in this dire Everton team he's still one who cares and in better seasons he usually hits double figures for goals and assists. Can see someone like PSG coming in for him though, will be plenty of interest from european clubs imo.

3 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Richarlison I wouldn't touch. I feel like he's one of those players that was only hyped due to how good he was at his age, but is now a couple years older and has failed to really kick on.

If he can't be bothered to play for United, what makes you think he'd be motivated to play for us?

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I don't think his problem with United is motivation in the first place.

Well he looks like he can't be arsed any time I watch him play for United, weather that's pressure or lack of motivation I don't know.  But i'd avoid as he'd cost a fortune and is on astronomical wages at United.

• Like 1

On 28/03/2022 at 23:23, maqroll said:

Man Utd is a circus. He seems a bit on the sensitive side. The noise there could be a burden for him. 

I thought it was Chipperfields?😋

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

He's a good player. Even in this dire Everton team he's still one who cares and in better seasons he usually hits double figures for goals and assists. Can see someone like PSG coming in for him though, will be plenty of interest from european clubs imo.

Everton paid about 40 million for him and bizarrely rejected 80 million 

He isnt that good, another not as good as what we have

• Like 2

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Whilst I agree, there's your problem 

Biggest home grown talent for them since the 92 boys, all the endeavours off the pitch, England international, Greenwood not coming back 

No matter how off form he gets, or their fans moan, or he needs to move, they won't sell him, definitley not for the sensible £40m odd that he's worth at best 

Yep, he's the built in antidote to Greenwood. They'd want 75m.

• Like 1

I can see this being a big summer in terms of amount invested as if we sell 5 or 6 players it opens up huge headroom in FFP for a handful of big signings with Summer of 2023 to be more tailored additions. Realistically we could be 150m+ o signings this summer if we make the sales we intend to make

On 28/03/2022 at 23:21, maqroll said:

I suppose Ward-Prowse no longer fits into the plan?

You never know, it's a funny old game. ;).

Bit of ITK for you all. Ola Aina is a 25 year-old Nigerian international wing back who is currently on loan to Fulham from Torino. I understand he was on the train from London to Birmingham New Street today. Apparently he's been linked with West Ham, but why would he be coming up to New Street? To talk to someone else about a move, or to meet up with someone that he once played with for either Chelsea or Hull? Who knows, I know I don't? I thought that I would put it out there though...🕵️‍♂️

Ola Aina Bio- salary, net worth, married, dating, affair, children, bio,  girlfriend, relationship, age, family, career

3 minutes ago, John said:

Bit of ITK for you all. Ola Aina is a 25 year-old Nigerian international wing back who is currently on loan to Fulham from Torino. I understand he was on the train from London to Birmingham New Street today. Apparently he's been linked with West Ham, but why would he be coming up to New Street? To talk to someone else about a move, or to meet up with someone that he once played with for either Chelsea or Hull? Who knows, I know I don't? I thought that I would put it out there though...🕵️‍♂️

Ola Aina Bio- salary, net worth, married, dating, affair, children, bio,  girlfriend, relationship, age, family, career

image.gif.981819ea42c945e249b69636738a6e51.gif

• Haha 1

Lots of talk of new strikers.  Personally, unless we are selling a striker, I don't see us needing anyone in that position.

Assuming that Coutinho signs, the key positions for me are:

1. CDM - Bissouma, Phillips or Kamara would be great (in that order for me)
  2. Back up left back - Hickey
  3. Back up keeper - Olsen or someone else if he is off

Beyond that, I would only be signing anyone if we are upgrading/selling, especially with the progression of Kessler Hayden, Iroegbonum (maybe a season on loan?), JPB and Carney.

If we are upgrading, my priorities would be at CB.

4 minutes ago, John said:

He played for Nigeria last night and is probably on the way back to Turin now as Torino have a game on Saturday

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He played for Nigeria last night and is probably on the way back to Turin now as Torino have a game on Saturday

Via New Street rather than Birmingham International? ✈️

• Haha 1