Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

40 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think people are underselling Davis. He's young and he will get better with more games. We should be getting 10m+ for him.

Not really, there aren’t many clubs in the Championship that can afford anywhere near 10m+.  He’ll also have relatively high wages compared to Championship clubs, so the total package will be out of most Championship clubs reach.  So he’ll probably go for a lot less.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

I think people are underselling Davis. He's young and he will get better with more games. We should be getting 10m+ for him.

We can bring in a lot of money in transfers this summer. We should be aiming to get 60m for Targett, Trez, AEG, Guilbert, Davis, Traore. 

We will probably sell a CB too either Hause or Konsa if we buy a new CB (which I'm sure we will)

If we signed Coutinho, Olsen, Bissouma, Gomez and Hickey for around 100 to 110m that would be a great window

He's 24 not 17.  He's two years younger than Grealish.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Not really, there aren’t many clubs in the Championship that can afford anywhere near 10m+.  He’ll also have relatively high wages compared to Championship clubs, so the total package will be out of most Championship clubs reach.  So he’ll probably go for a lot less.

West Brom spent £15m on a striker last summer, Fulham can afford him, Norwich can afford him, Burnley can, Bournemouth, Sheffield United and Stoke are all capable and he'd be a capable back up at a lot of Premier League clubs. I think there are a lot of people judging Davis's value on Forest being the only club in the world.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, peterw said:

my biggest concern when compared to the Smith tenure was that players that were bought in and those here seemed to be improved with coaching. gerrard seems to want to buy the finished articles. Its okay at liverpool and to an extent at rangers were sucess is demanded, but may not work with us. You'd need to be doing better than midtable to get those finished article players in enough areas to justify the outlay. Its a bit of a balancing act but I'm not sure gerrard has shown the patience (or maybe the ability) to do the work on the training ground with the players to ensure they are developed as was seemingly the strategy under Smith, according to purslow.

I think that success in terms of European qualification is being demanded of him here and that SG realises that he needs to bring in a few "finished articles" to add to those that he is happy with in our squad. I think the club will back him and do what they can to bring in the type of players that he wants during the next window.

On the subject of a price for Davis, his performance in the Championship with Forest, will have clubs interested in him, that were not following his performances for us in the PL. I would guess his price at the moment would be somewhere between £4m - £12m, but it boils down to what a club is prepared to pay for him and if there is more than one bidder. I think that if we consider bids towards the lower half of that price range we need to insist on a decent sell-on clause, to avoid losing out if and when, his level of progress is sustained/built upon. 

Edited by John

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

West Brom spent £15m on a striker last summer, Fulham can afford him, Norwich can afford him, Burnley can, Bournemouth, Sheffield United and Stoke are all capable and he'd be a capable back up at a lot of Premier League clubs. I think there are a lot of people judging Davis's value on Forest being the only club in the world.

I’m not sure I agree and I’m not sure they’d value him anywhere £15m either taking in his history and skill set.  I doubt Davis would be regarded in the highest purchases of Championship players category.

As for PL, the bigger clubs won’t be interested because if he’s not back up for us, they aren’t paying £15m for him to be back up especially with his lack of goals and smaller PL aren’t paying £15m for a back up striker.  His injury history and lack of goals really hit his value and clubs being attracted to him.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Well, we'll see I guess, I'd certainly be disappointed it we let him got for the £4-5m that some people have mentioned here.

I agree completely. We need to get much better at squeezing as much out of other clubs as we can. Liverpool are masters at this but even clubs like Leicester and Southampton tend to do very well selling players, whereas we seem to almost give players away for peanuts

5 hours ago, Villa Stu said:

I agree completely. We need to get much better at squeezing as much out of other clubs as we can. Liverpool are masters at this but even clubs like Leicester and Southampton tend to do very well selling players, whereas we seem to almost give players away for peanuts

Its because they're not very good :ph34r:

Because I dont rate puuki I'd be interested if deano goes for him 

There's a lot of unknown factors that will determine his price, who knows who would actually come in for him and if they consider him 1st or 2nd choice

Anywhere north of £5m is decent money, increase it based on the number of teams bidding and what league they play in, I can't see him going for double digits in the championship 

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Its because they're not very good :ph34r:

Because I dont rate puuki I'd be interested if deano goes for him 

There's a lot of unknown factors that will determine his price, who knows who would actually come in for him and if they consider him 1st or 2nd choice

Anywhere north of £5m is decent money, increase it based on the number of teams bidding and what league they play in, I can't see him going for double digits in the championship 

If they take Pukki out and add Davis they are losing a lot of goals. He has nearly 20 Premier League goals in a consistently bottom Premier League team

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

And then be shite back in the PL again

i think he’s a problem for them 

He has more goals than our top scorers this season and has nearly 50 percent of his teams goals

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I wonder if we’ll go back in for Curtis Jones. I think he’s an excellent player. 

Isn't he playing a decent amount at Liverpool? Or is that Harvey Elliott, Klopp seems to alternate between the two. Would be surprised if they let him go given Henderson and Milner are in their 30s now and need to be replaced in next 1-2 seasons.

Back on Norwich I could certainly see DS coming in for Hause and El Ghazi if they went down as both pretty proven at championship level and I'm sure would be happy to link up with Dean again. 

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

He has more goals than our top scorers this season and has nearly 50 percent of his teams goals

Firstly, that says more about the failures of our strikers and the rest of Norwich's attack than it does about Pukki.

Secondly, 3 of his goals this season are pens and he's played nearly every minute for Norwich. He has less non-penalty goals than Watkins and only one more than Ings whilst having played more minutes than both.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

3 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Firstly, that says more about the failures of our strikers and the rest of Norwich's attack than it does about Pukki.

Secondly, 3 of his goals this season are pens and he's played nearly every minute for Norwich. He has less non-penalty goals than Watkins and only one more than Ings whilst having played more minutes than both.

He also doesn’t have playmakers of the calibre of Coutinho or Buendia supplying him chances. He’s done pretty bloody well to get anything playing at the top of that Norwich side 😬

• Like 2

While I doubt CB is at the top of our list now I think we should inquire if William Saliba is available. Mentioned him before and Arsenal seem to have really mismanged him. He might be looking to get a real move instead of going out on loan again and Arsenal might be up for selling if he's not in their plans.

He's really quite good and only 21 y.o. He's also a pretty good prospect for the ball playing CB that we're supposedly after.

• Like 3