Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Stephane Singo @TRO

Definitely has the physicality for the DM role.

Could be the Ivory Coast's next Yaya. 

What do you think of Sangare? He caught my eye playing for them at AFCON.

DM, 24 and plays for PSV. Also had four seasons at Toulouse so that feels like sort of hidden gem we could get for decent price compared to obvious targets.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

DM, 24 and plays for PSV. Also had four seasons at Toulouse so that feels like sort of hidden gem we could get for decent price compared to obvious targets.

maybe a few more gambles are required.

20 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Never seen him play but a quick search from a site titled with "scout" says he's defensively poor, quite aggressive in defending too.

If that's got any merit to it, I think we pass.

The first prerequisite for any DM we bring in has got to be someone who's going to nullify opposition attacks before the last line has to, as opposed to making errors and giving up fouls allowing opponents to advance.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

maybe a few more gambles are required.

I’d gamble on Mohamed Camara RB Salzburg. Was brilliant in the first game against Bayern. Only 22. Noticed him 3 seasons ago and I said it he’ll be a top player.

Also Kepheren Thuram although he’s been playing slightly more as an 8 but he’s a very good 6 or an 8. 

Niclas Dorsch seen him play for Augsburg a few times and he’s caught my eye defensively. A DM who loves a tackle. 

And apparently that site isn't much to go by. I'll let those who have seen him play discuss him @VillaChris

Another site I find to be great has him down as a defensive machine who struggles with passing and position in build up phase.

Edit: the more I look the more it screams as a good shout!

Edited by A'Villan
  • Haha 1

We could bring in an awful lot of money in the summer - potentially we have Targett, Trezeguet, El Ghazi, Davis, Guilbert, Steer, Hourihane, Traore and Bailey all on the way out - they'd bring in getting on for £100m and free up something like £300k from the wage bill.

And in terms of speculation as to what we'd do with it, bringing in Coutinho, Phillips and Hickey would for me be a decent summer.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We could bring in an awful lot of money in the summer - potentially we have Targett, Trezeguet, El Ghazi, Davis, Guilbert, Steer, Hourihane, Traore and Bailey all on the way out - they'd bring in getting on for £100m and free up something like £300k from the wage bill.

And in terms of speculation as to what we'd do with it, bringing in Coutinho, Phillips and Hickey would for me be a decent summer.

Add Carney and Sanson to the list of outgoings. I can't see us selling Bailey though. Maybe he goes on loan if he's not part of the plans to up his value

• Like 1

It would be interesting if we signed 2 midfielders and let Sanson and possibly Nakamba leave. Sanson on loan initially. 

Phillips and Bissouma would give us a destroyer and a shuttler for the midfield. I really think Ramsey will be a revelation as a 10 beside the likes of Coutinho. The boy has goals in him. 

Luiz Phillips Bissouma as a midfield 3. The passing ability of those with the energy and bite too. If we added in Gomez beside Mings we've some serious passing ability from those 5.

26 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

It would be interesting if we signed 2 midfielders and let Sanson and possibly Nakamba leave. Sanson on loan initially. 

Phillips and Bissouma would give us a destroyer and a shuttler for the midfield. I really think Ramsey will be a revelation as a 10 beside the likes of Coutinho. The boy has goals in him. 

Luiz Phillips Bissouma as a midfield 3. The passing ability of those with the energy and bite too. If we added in Gomez beside Mings we've some serious passing ability from those 5.

I'd keep Nakamba as a backup/rotation option.

• Like 4

We have conspired a real mess in midfield, it’s shocking to think we bought Sanson but now don’t play him, have allowed the Carney situation to degrade (his agent is as culpable as any), don’t know what to do with Luiz and keep playing McGinn who after 3 years in the premier league, has yet to live up to the hype. 

Surely our squad allows for Traore and Bailey to remain? We were bemoaning a small squad and little real options from the bench and now we are suggesting they are sold just because Buendia and Coutinho are ahead of them? 

For me it’s one of Luiz/McGinn /Sanson and buy a new DM, and maybe another statuesque, top drawer CM. I would also consider a new forward if we sell Traore. But that’s it in those areas. I think we need a new CB too, a real top drawer one - break the bank. That’s probably not £possible but that’s what it needs

• Like 3

15 hours ago, A'Villan said:

If McGinn does replace Pogba then I'd move for Wijnaldum and Pape Matar Sarr or Aurélien Tchouameni and we'd probably pocket some too.

Also, how good would it be if Brighton do move for Ings and we go in for Tammy?!

Why would he want to (if their new manager would actually want him) and why would we want to sell him to that shower?

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

The challenge is who will take Trez and AEG??  They are on decent money for a Turkish buyer for example.

I have always liked Davis and wouldn't be selling him unless we are going to bring in a worldie striker and keep Ollie and Ings??  He gives you something different off the bench, especially if we are going to play a diamond.  It also allows Cam to go on loan for another season as we don't need a third striker back which I think would be beneficial for his development.

Equally, I wouldn't be selling Bailey just yet.  I think his speed also gives us an option.  He has had bad injuries (not historically a problem) and a settling in period, having come in quite late as well.  I think/hope that we will see the best of him next season.

9 minutes ago, thunderball said:

We have conspired a real mess in midfield, it’s shocking to think we bought Sanson but now don’t play him, have allowed the Carney situation to degrade (his agent is as culpable as any), don’t know what to do with Luiz and keep playing McGinn who after 3 years in the premier league, has yet to live up to the hype. 

Surely our squad allows for Traore and Bailey to remain? We were bemoaning a small squad and little real options from the bench and now we are suggesting they are sold just because Buendia and Coutinho are ahead of them? 

For me it’s one of Luiz/McGinn /Sanson and buy a new DM, and maybe another statuesque, top drawer CM. I would also consider a new forward if we sell Traore. But that’s it in those areas. I think we need a new CB too, a real top drawer one - break the bank. That’s probably not £possible but that’s what it needs

A new manager, with the backing of these owners with a squad that has been Jekyll and Hyde for 18 months is going to get a lot more changes than this.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

A new manager, with the backing of these owners with a squad that has been Jekyll and Hyde for 18 months is going to get a lot more changes than this.

Which means another transition season next season. If the manager doesn't gel his players quickly we could have the season over by Christmas 

As said if thats the case Purslow has to go and Lange as well since his position is completely undermined

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Which means another transition season next season. If the manager doesn't gel his players quickly we could have the season over by Christmas 

As said if thats the case Purslow has to go and Lange as well since his position is completely undermined

As soon as Smith was let go, next season was always going to be transition.  I always hear this “continuity” phrase used and that we keep the overall style and doesn’t matter who the manager is it will not need major change but we know apart from a few cases at clubs in the PL, if the club has money you see change.

Purslow and the Owners will want European place next season and that will be the goal and the changes might get that but I doubt there will only be a few changes of players in the summer.  A new manager, the way the squad has played for 18 months and wanting the next level in the league indicates movement plus Purslow has said it’s going to be a big summer.  That to me only indicates players moving because I don’t know what else he could be talking about.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

As soon as Smith was let go, next season was always going to be transition.  I always hear this “continuity” phrase used and that we keep the overall style and doesn’t matter who the manager is it will not need major change but we know apart from a few cases at clubs in the PL, if the club has money you see change.

Purslow and the Owners will want European place next season and that will be the goal and the changes might get that but I doubt there will only be a few changes of players in the summer.  A new manager, the way the squad has played for 18 months and wanting the next level in the league indicates movement plus Purslow has said it’s going to be a big summer.  That to me only indicates players moving because I don’t know what else he could be talking about.

The problem is the continuity should have been followed, why sign a 30 million winger then hire a manager who doesn't play wingers. I think a lot of people expected this would be Smith last season though I think he would have stayed until the end of it. 

At the moment I feel the players are there but the manager is constantly **** up his tactics from a winning team, I think we have won once with the 2 Number 10s vs a poor Everton and we struggled that day. 

Some tweaks can be made but the players that do need replacing are getting more chances than the rest. Traore, Sanson, Bailey cost about 65 million and not getting starts or any game time to be allowed played into form 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Some tweaks can be made but the players that do need replacing are getting more chances than the rest. Traore, Sanson, Bailey cost about 65 million and not getting starts or any game time to be allowed played into form 

To be fair (and I’m not a Gerrard defender as you know) those three have been injured most of the time.  Looks like Sanson is out of favour, Traore doesn’t look like a Gerrard player and Bailey is a bit more mobile across the front and with pace might get more time under Gerrard.  That’s only my guess but injuries have impacted their playing time, we’ll have to see how Gerrard use them over the rest of season.

• Like 1