Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

Well hw was poor ans i just see absolutely no idea why timmy was not given a opportunity to start ahead of him.

I think that doesnt spell well for you of chambers is getting ahead of you

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Well hw was poor ans i just see absolutely no idea why timmy was not given a opportunity to start ahead of him.

I think that doesnt spell well for you of chambers is getting ahead of you

If you watched Tim's performance after he came on, you'll know. Not strong enough in the tackle. Made poor decisions with and without the ball. Not ready, if he'll ever be. Chambers was poor but was still the safer choice.

1 minute ago, East London Villa said:

If you watched Tim's performance after he came on, you'll know. Not strong enough in the tackle. Made poor decisions with and without the ball. Not ready, if he'll ever be. Chambers was poor but was still the safer choice.

I think with timmy as a youngster his confidence must be shot. He isnt getting starts even in pointless games like today. That will take a knock on your confidence 

Also its veey hard to come on in a  game you are 4-0 down

In a way the last two games are kinda symbolic of his time here. Puts in a shift and has a positive impact in his appearance v Liverpool, a nice moment with helping with the goal. Then he starts and 90 minutes later it’s all gone to shit again.

He won’t be here next season, it’s difficult for me to bear him any ill or get too worked up about him. I’ll try and remember the one or two lovely moments rather than the less enjoyable majority.

11 minutes ago, East London Villa said:

He's been giving it his all, you could see that by the way he keeps running and trying to get involved, his all just isn't good enough.

If that's his all, then let's hope we never, ever see him again. 

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think with timmy as a youngster his confidence must be shot. He isnt getting starts even in pointless games like today. That will take a knock on your confidence 

Also its veey hard to come on in a  game you are 4-0 down

It is, but you saw how physical, pacey and direct Palace were. Currently Tim just can't deal with that level of physicality. He's not thinking quick enough or doing enough to win each battle. At least with Chambers if he goes into a 50-50 you know he'll be have a fair chance of winning it...even if that's all he offers. Tim needs to develop in the Championship and see if he can work his way up to the Premier League.

I would say Emery and Monchi made a mistake letting Dendoncker go in January, but I think that was 100% down to not going over the edge with PSR, rather than thinking he was no better than Tim (or Chambers) would be by the end of the season.

3 minutes ago, East London Villa said:

It is, but you saw how physical, pacey and direct Palace were. Currently Tim just can't deal with that level of physicality. He's not thinking quick enough or doing enough to win each battle. At least with Chambers if he goes into a 50-50 you know he'll be have a fair chance of winning it...even if that's all he offers. Tim needs to develop in the Championship and see if he can work his way up to the Premier League.

I would say Emery and Monchi made a mistake letting Dendoncker go in January, but I think that was 100% down to not going over the edge with PSR, rather than thinking he was no better than Tim (or Chambers) would be by the end of the season.

Yeah i have to agree with the physical side of his game. He does look a unit but doesnt put himself about enoygh. But i do think had he been given a run of starts we could have been better to judge. I mean starting chambers who wont be here next season seemed utterly pointless to me

DM is a key area we need to address in the summer

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

How is everyone so confident he won’t be here next season? One year left on contract and buyers hardly queueing up.

Especially as he had chances to leave in Jan but wasn't going to quit his current pay check.

We may let him go to the Championship and subsidise his remaining wages, but he might be happy to get paid to do feck all for another year.

Edited by VillanousOne

47 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

How is everyone so confident he won’t be here next season? One year left on contract and buyers hardly queueing up.

Mostly likely pay him off for the remainder of the deal. We need the space. 

Posted (edited)

I loved his Liverpool cameo but he's clearly way past it starting prem matches now and brutally shown up against a mobile Palace midfield.

Hopefully he just doesn't want to sit on the final year of his deal.

Maybe a sentimental return to Southampton if they come up?

I actually think people should be more annoyed at Tim for not kicking on and making sure he got ahead of Chambers in Emery's mind so him starting games actually wasn't an option.

Edited by VillaChris

We'll always have that absolute peach of a goal he scored against those Leeds scumbags. Forever grateful for that one. 

Did his best for us and hope he moves on to a decent club in the summer.

On 19/05/2024 at 18:16, East London Villa said:

He's been giving it his all, you could see that by the way he keeps running and trying to get involved, his all just isn't good enough.

Could we? There was that conference group game away when he literally for ran past all game and he didn't even muster a sprint half the time.

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/05/2024 at 21:25, VillaChris said:

I loved his Liverpool cameo but he's clearly way past it starting prem matches now and brutally shown up against a mobile Palace midfield.

Hopefully he just doesn't want to sit on the final year of his deal.

Maybe a sentimental return to Southampton if they come up?

I actually think people should be more annoyed at Tim for not kicking on and making sure he got ahead of Chambers in Emery's mind so him starting games actually wasn't an option.

He shouldn't be past it he isn't even 30 and I don't think he has any bad injuries and has played less than 250 senior matches in over 10 years.

Â