Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

12 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I wouldn't say 'very good' performances, but that's my opinion.

Last season he was responsible for the goal of the season for us and the pass of the season. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In fairness, this isn't true.

Last season most people felt he was underrated and underappreciated ( Myself included )

He had some VERY good performances for us whenever he was called upon, however this season, he's been absolute shite.

Not sure if it's just his level, or being a bit part player gives him no time to catch any form.

Either way, we need much better.

Eh he had a purple patch in two Leeds games and a few other bottom dwellers in the “peak” of the Gerrard era. 

I see those games more as an aberration more than anything. Every other time, he’s been abject and clearly not up to par physically for the prem. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

If we want to be succesful- as in having good domestic cup runs, and playing in European competition we would need better than Chambers as back up.

Of course but we are way off that level still

This season we will play just 42 games, last season West Ham played 56

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Indeed. I thought he actually looked a good prospect at Southampton. I can barely recall him looking good at Arsenal at all.

Ditto. His lack of pace is alarming to say the least. I honestly think the young lad on the bench would have performed better. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Ditto. His lack of pace is alarming to say the least. I honestly think the young lad on the bench would have performed better. 

Better or worse for a youth product to make positional mistakes and be able to recover rather than Chambers being in the right starting position but unable to catch up to defenders?

Might as well take a punt on the former.

But I understand managers like to have a Chambers player because they're well known pros. 

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He's probably  be better off as a CDM or CM based on his actual good attributes.

He will be better off at a club that isn't ours.

We already have Dendoncker that can play that role who is marginally better.

34 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He's probably  be better off as a CDM or CM based on his actual good attributes.

No. His passing is also overrated. Made a few terrible ones yesterday and always does. He's not PL standard full stop.

• Like 1

Well he clearly is a PL CB as hes played most of his career in this division and played fairly well for us last year. I don’t think he suits well to make 1 appearance every couple of months. He’s been pretty woeful on almost every game this year. I don’t think it helps that mostly he’s been playing with Konsa. I think Mings makes those around him better. It’s one of his big strengths IMO. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Well he clearly is a PL CB as hes played most of his career in this division and played fairly well for us last year. I don’t think he suits well to make 1 appearance every couple of months. He’s been pretty woeful on almost every game this year. I don’t think it helps that mostly he’s been playing with Konsa. I think Mings makes those around him better. It’s one of his big strengths IMO. 

Not clearly at all. Was poor for Arsenal, been poor for us. One outside of the boot pass and one decent finish won't convince me otherwise unfortunately. His passing is overrated, he's weak and slow.

59 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

No. His passing is also overrated. Made a few terrible ones yesterday and always does. He's not PL standard full stop.

I wouldnt say overrated but last season it was better because Konsa was not trying any progressive passes and Mings was labelled a hoofball centre back by many so Chambers looked better on the ball

His Southampton pass is one of the best Villa passes I have seen

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I don't it's necessarily about his attributes it's about his head and its long gone, his form is shocking

Yeah his feet are more than good enough, technically a very classy centre back. When he's made mistakes it's normally been a bad choice rather than a mis-kick.

4 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Better or worse for a youth product to make positional mistakes and be able to recover rather than Chambers being in the right starting position but unable to catch up to defenders?

Might as well take a punt on the former.

But I understand managers like to have a Chambers player because they're well known pros. 

He was well and truly exposed in that game. I would rather play the bin kid, I guarantee he would have showed more enthusiasm, and commitment. For me, some of the performances Sunday were just unacceptable. Jacobs needs benching, for certain. Buendia could sit next to him, and the same goes for Digne, who tbh, has never really impressed me. 

Â