Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

59 minutes ago, Ponky said:

Based on the video above there's scope for appeal I reckon. Yes he put his hands on the bloke's neck but any force in the altercation was instigated by the Brentford player.

I couldn't tell from any video but this freeze frame is why Kamara got red, not hand on the neck

Screenshot_20231218_185008_Chrome.jpg.3b785b1ee0e4f5f0a3873ed2e22b43c8.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I couldn't tell from any video but this freeze frame is why Kamara got red, not hand on the neck

Screenshot_20231218_185008_Chrome.jpg.3b785b1ee0e4f5f0a3873ed2e22b43c8.jpg

This possibly could be it, but here Kamara is trying to pull 33 away from Emery and Martinez.

21 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

This possibly could be it, but here Kamara is trying to pull 33 away from Emery and Martinez.

It is it and the reason only he got the red. Hand to face. Been given before. I remember years ago Richarlison at Everton got same ban for handbags but touching the face

I would expect the appeal to present the evidence of multiple Brentford players doing worse and then the panel will have to decide if all of this nonsense is worthy of giving a couple of their players three-match bans too or just reducing Kamara's to one and being done with it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

I would expect the appeal to present the evidence of multiple Brentford players doing worse and then the panel will have to decide if all of this nonsense is worthy of giving a couple of their players three-match bans too or just reducing Kamara's to one and being done with it.

This is exactly why I think we should appeal too.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

We're not appealing are we? They won't overturn clear footage of hand on face from Kamara

I think it's a red, I can't see us winning any appeal.

In the long run over the course of this season, the suspensions we've got at the moment might help us in that they'll help to keep some of the players fresh down the line. A fit and sharp Kamara in March/April could yet be a very useful thing.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

In the long run over the course of this season, the suspensions we've got at the moment might help us in that they'll help to keep some of the players fresh down the line. A fit and sharp Kamara in March/April could yet be a very useful thing.

I agree re rest and rotation. If we can’t pick up results with one player missing for a few games then we don’t deserve to win the title/qualify top 4. I expect we’ll be seeing a lot of the ball against Sheff U and Burnley at home so maybe Tielemans can slot in next to Dougie. If we can back ourselves to beat Sheff U and Burnley, I’m not opposed to keeping it really tight at OT and playing for a point (I doubt that’s what we’ll do though)

In any case Kamara can rest and reset now ready for 2024

Looked accidental as he was trying to break things up, but clearly the ref needed to throw a red to get control. The commentator even said so a few seconds before. Annoying to lose him for 3 games, but hopefully won't have too much impact, though makes Man U tougher.

49 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I was thinking similar. We probably won't even appeal as it's hand to face it's never getting overturned.

We should be ok without him for next three games if we have Tielemans fit. It forces us to make the team changes. It also keeps Kamara fresher for second half of season as he'll have missed 4 games now in December via suspension. 

Â