Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

38 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I was expecting worse so 2 months means a post WC return.

the league finishing in early November could be a blessing in disguise for us 

Yes that World Cup break minimises the impact, so we can be thankful that helps us slightly at least. Such a shame though as he looked to be settling in quickly, and that is now both of our big summer signings sidelined early in the season.

Hoping he comes back with no further issues though, mentally or physically. Leon Bailey showed it’s not easy to pick up after a long injury.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, His Name Is Death said:

Do our physios and fitness coaches need to be questioned, now that we've had two major early season injury crises two seasons running?

More like our shaman who continues to do nothing about this obvious voodoo curse!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

Definitely. I feel for him, if he played for another nation that didn't have a stacked midfield then I would still think he could go to the World Cup. Unfortunately France are quite loaded in that position, for his sake I'd hope he still gets to go based on what he's done so far.

Pretty impossible I'd say now. Their squad tonight dosen't have either Kante or Pogbia in it. Think they'll playing Tchouameni who's a lock for the squad as is Camavinga as bench option so even fully fit he's 5th choice.

It's a shame but at least this isn't a season ender, two months means he should be back for the xmas games.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, picicata said:

The league was finished for us by late August 

whilst it's still relatively early this is true. i don't see us going down, even if we revert to last season's team (which effectively has now happened)

we almost certainly won't finish top half so frankly i couldn't care less whether it's 11th or 15th. with the bad start plus these injuries the season just feels like a write off

2 hours ago, birdman said:

"At least 2 months" in other words at least 3 months if applying the Dean Smith injury algorithm.

One of the very very few areas where I'll give Gerrard his credit (although we haven't actually heard from him directly on this yet) is that he seems to be more transparent about injury recovery times.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

One of the very very few areas where I'll give Gerrard his credit (although we haven't actually heard from him directly on this yet) is that he seems to be more transparent about injury recovery times.

Probably because he's only had the 1 serious and straightforward one? Hard to be ambiguous about an ACL, compared to shin splints.

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

I know it's just that I have permanent emotional damage from Dean's injury updates 😆

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Probably because he's only had the 1 serious and straightforward one? Hard to be ambiguous about an ACL, compared to shin splints.

Tbf I don't think Gerrard has been any better than the average manager on this, it's just that Smith was notoriously opaque about injuries sometimes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Tbf I don't think Gerrard has been any better than the average manager on this, it's just that Smith was notoriously opaque about injuries sometimes.

Can't remember anything other than the Grealish shin issue, which happened twice to be fair. That's where the memes came from. I bet he wasn't even being deliberately opaque, and they were just repeatedly wrong about when he would be ready due to the ubiquitousness of the injury.

Â