Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

13 minutes ago, tinker said:

Another player who loves sliding tackles, I hope our scouting isn't following on from last summers selections. Beundia apart. 

Gerrard's great vision: 11 players skidding about on their arses for 90 minutes.

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Just going to expand on this as it hasn't really been mentioned on here, but Philippe Auclair is the man when it comes to French football (all things France... and also seemingly being an absolutely top bloke).  I'm only just listening to the Football Weekly podcast now, but thought I'd give his quotes on here for those that don't listen.  After all, he knows French football very well.

Max Rushden:  "Talk to us about Boubacar Kamara, who Villa have signed from Marseille"

Philippe Auclair:  "Well, first of all we can talk about the player - and I think everybody who has seen Boubacar Kamara, who is only 22 years of age and not yet a French international but that's only a question of time (and there's just a little bit of competition to get a starting place in the French midfield) - has been widely seen as one of the great hopes of French football for a number of years actually, ever since he broke into Marseille's first team.  He's an incredibly dynamic, smart midfielder who can also play in defence - and, to be honest, it's a major, major coup by Aston Villa.  I mean, it's quite stunning really.  It's not something that's gone down too well because the idea of a young man who was born in Marseille, who joined the club when he was 5 years old I believe who went through all the teams with them, who has been one of the fulcrums of their team which has qualified for the Champions League... and then suddenly, as they have qualified for the Champions League, they lose one of their best players - if not their best player - on a free, as well, which shows maybe not everything is done as it should be at Marseille but that's a different matter...
<some quotes about Kamara leaving, comparison to Cantona's trawler comment>
...Villa have got themselves a hell of a player, I suppose, and what is surprising as well is that no other major clubs were after him.  I can understand why Real Madrid they went for Tchouameni, who is also fantastic, but so many other clubs in England could have done with a guy like that.  Manchester United being one of them.  I think he would've been ideal for Arsenal as well.  But there you go - I mean, Villa... it's a real statement of intent as well to be able to sign a player like that.  I think that loads of European clubs are going to be very jealous of the Villans."

Sounds promising :D 

My kind of review!!

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Just going to expand on this as it hasn't really been mentioned on here, but Philippe Auclair is the man when it comes to French football (all things France... and also seemingly being an absolutely top bloke).  I'm only just listening to the Football Weekly podcast now, but thought I'd give his quotes on here for those that don't listen.  After all, he knows French football very well.

Max Rushden:  "Talk to us about Boubacar Kamara, who Villa have signed from Marseille"

Philippe Auclair:  "Well, first of all we can talk about the player - and I think everybody who has seen Boubacar Kamara, who is only 22 years of age and not yet a French international but that's only a question of time (and there's just a little bit of competition to get a starting place in the French midfield) - has been widely seen as one of the great hopes of French football for a number of years actually, ever since he broke into Marseille's first team.  He's an incredibly dynamic, smart midfielder who can also play in defence - and, to be honest, it's a major, major coup by Aston Villa.  I mean, it's quite stunning really.  It's not something that's gone down too well because the idea of a young man who was born in Marseille, who joined the club when he was 5 years old I believe who went through all the teams with them, who has been one of the fulcrums of their team which has qualified for the Champions League... and then suddenly, as they have qualified for the Champions League, they lose one of their best players - if not their best player - on a free, as well, which shows maybe not everything is done as it should be at Marseille but that's a different matter...
<some quotes about Kamara leaving, comparison to Cantona's trawler comment>
...Villa have got themselves a hell of a player, I suppose, and what is surprising as well is that no other major clubs were after him.  I can understand why Real Madrid they went for Tchouameni, who is also fantastic, but so many other clubs in England could have done with a guy like that.  Manchester United being one of them.  I think he would've been ideal for Arsenal as well.  But there you go - I mean, Villa... it's a real statement of intent as well to be able to sign a player like that.  I think that loads of European clubs are going to be very jealous of the Villans."

Sounds promising :D 

Great stuff.

He's a guy who actually watches the games and doesn't spout clichés as well. Was always critical of Southgate saying England should be building the team around Grealish when he was flying here and couldn't get in the squad.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Great stuff.

He's a guy who actually watches the games and doesn't spout clichés as well. Was always critical of Southgate saying England should be building the team around Grealish when he was flying here and couldn't get in the squad.

Yup - he basically calls things as he sees them.  No pandering to certain crowds at all in his praise/criticisms.

• Like 1

On 24/05/2022 at 23:46, Mr_Dogg said:

On the guardian podcast, Philippe Auclair called his signing a stunning coup. 😃

If his views are half as good as his cream cakes we have a hell of a player

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Greenfly said:

Gerrard's great vision: 11 players skidding about on their arses for 90 minutes.

I hope we'll be reviewing the boot and stud selection this coming season as well.

The slipping has been ridiculous.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Bullshit I Call Bs GIF - Bullshit I Call Bs Caryanne GIFs

I don't know, it might not be too far fetched. If you say 120k per week. That's just over 6 million a year in wages, 30 million in wages over 5 years. A hefty signing on fee (say 20 million) due to the interest from other clubs, combined with the ability and potential to become world class and then you're at 50 million already.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I don't know, it might not be too far fetched. If you say 120k per week. That's just over 6 million a year in wages, 30 million in wages over 5 years. A hefty signing on fee (say 20 million) due to the interest from other clubs, combined with the ability and potential to become world class and then you're at 50 million already.

I reckon it'll be something like this.  £60m over 5 years "all in".

• Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

I reckon it'll be something like this.  £60m over 5 years "all in".

Arsene Wenger called it years back that players were going to start letting their contracts run down so that they could move to another club and essentially receive the transfer fee themselves.

3 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Arsene Wenger called it years back that players were going to start letting their contracts run down so that they could move to another club and essentially receive the transfer fee themselves.

This does seem to be the trend. 

so many players running their contracts out and probably for that reason. 

9 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Whatever the real numbers are, it's surely constructed like that to keep the official salary down. Maybe close to half what he's getting in the form of a bonus, and the rest as wages. To try and protect the wage structure. It's easier for other players to accept a one-off bonus (hopefully).

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

This does seem to be the trend. 

so many players running their contracts out and probably for that reason. 

Happens a lot in US sport. Benefits the agent and player 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

This could potentially make young players less attractive on the transfer market. Very risky to pay an enormous fee for a young player if he's likely to just walk out after four years.

53 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

£230k a week!!!

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ngzr6g56nrsrn1iga6

Villa are going all or bust on this window. 

scarey sights 

Well according to football manager (which has an amazing track record for the accuracy of player contracts) Bouba was on 33k per week. I would expect us to pay him somewhere in the region of 100 -150k per week plus a 15 million signing on fee. 

Â