Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

17 minutes ago, MrOM15 said:

Hey everyone! I appreciate the welcome to the forum.😅 Sorry in advance for the long post.😝

I figured that I’d write a bit about Kamara from the perspective of a Marseille fan. That being said, every Marseille fan has their own opinions on Kamara and the signing. 
He is a player that was brought up through the youth squad all the way to his last season with us. So, for a good part of us he seems like the kid from Marseille that started from the bottom if you will. In terms of his contact according to the president he was always offered an extension or the opportunity to join another team if he wanted.
But, it seems like Kamara just wanted to run out his contact and then sign with the club of his choosing. This for some Marseille fans seems like he’s not really giving back to the club.

On the other hand, you have fans that are saying that if he wants to play for Villa he should do so. It’s his career and his life. So, yeah everyone has their own opinions about things.

In the way of the player he started playing in defense and has evolved into playing in the midfield. I would say that he can play in either position. I would imagine though that he would have to adapt to the PL.

In the way of fans burning the training ground area it’s actually a culmination of things. The previous president, Jacques Henri Eyraud was not really appreciated by the fans and journalists. Be it his press conferences and whatnot. That coupled with bad results score wise and the pandemic didn’t really help things. So, you had fans that got mad and destroyed some stuff on the training grounds as well as light some trees on fire. This led the owner to “demote” the former president and put Longoria in place of the former president.

This also covers in part the idea that Sanson’s transfer helped AVB get fired. To be fair with all the losses on the field AVB was going to have to leave regardless. But, yeah I guess that Sanson’s  transfer maybe sped things up a bit.

Thanks for coming on and introducing yourself. Hugely appreciated. 

What have the press been saying about the transfer? Are they saying that he has moved for money or do they understand the big 'project" that Villa are undertaking. ? 

Another question that would be good to be answered. 

Over here we are talking about Steven Gerrard and how it seems he can attract players because of his standing in the game. What is the view from Marseille of Steven Gerrard ?  Is he someone that you always thought was a brilliant footballer . Would someone like Boubacar have grown up watching him play in the premier league and would have thought highly of ? 

1 hour ago, Gompedyret said:

I don't care what the song is, as long as the player get the pet name "Boub-Kam" or something like that!

Kamara

Kamara

We love you Kamara

Just don't give the ball away

(From "Annie The Musical")

No?  Please yourself.

• Like 2

1 minute 20 in. .. **** magnificent defending. A slide tackle on the ball 10 yards from another player to stop it getting to the opposition. That shows his awareness of whats going on around him  is really high. Brilliant stuff

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

We better play him as a 6

depends tbh, i agree as of now that he should 100% be our "no.6", but if we got Bissouma also, they could rotate the 6/8 responsibilities to give other teams something to think about, or at least the option would be there to make use of both in both the 6 and 8 positions as required.

Heck, i could even see kamara in the central position of a defensive 3 sometimes, depending on who else we sign.

We have him under contract for 5 years. His position might well change over the years. But as of now if he was starting on Saturday he would replace Nakamba / Dougie at the base of the midfield 

59 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

175k a week at that age 😳

€175k ;)

Yeah, it's nuts. Heading towards US sport salaries now, without the security of 32/64 teams existing. Football will blow up soon, let's enjoy it while it's here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

175k a week at that age 😳

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Is that what he's been given ? Bloody madness these salaries are. But then compare to the NBA and its nothing. 

If this is what he's on then wow.

However let's think, it's a free signing, he's basically getting his " transfer fee " if true.

Full package over 5 years would work out to around 42 million.

The ridiculousity of the Mbappe deal makes these wages " bearable ".

I wonder if wages, rather than transfer fees reflect better on FFP?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

30 minutes ago, Indigo said:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/talking-boubacar-66821066?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=postshare

Nice piece on him above going into a bit of detail on the type of player he is and how he fits in at Villa for anyone interested. Features this lovely bit of work:

1.gif?token-time=1654646400&token-hash=Q

We haven't seen the likes of that since Reo Coker!

• Haha 1

Looks like there is a clear strategy on offering big bucks to free transfers. But obvs with Kamara there is a very real prospect his transfer value in 3 years eclipses his cost to us. It’s a bit of a gamble but they have chosen targets bloody well AND convinced the player. 

If he does well, he’ll probably leave after 3 years for a big transfer fee (unless we’re doing super well also). I guess the gamble is, if he struggles in the PL we’d struggle to shift him as few teams will be able to match those wages and he’s already shown an inclination to see out a contract. 

7 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

We better play him as a 6

Not in the quotes there but Gerrard said they signed him as a midfielder. Also the Athletic saying he was told he'll be starting no6 for us next season.

• Thanks 1

Â