Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, Dale said:

I agree. But that shouldn't be measured in weeks, you start with soft interest and harden it up. Sounds like (and I'm not privy to anything) it's still soft. That's a bit late in the day for my liking! 

Yeah I'd have liked it to happen earlier as well but I guess he's unsure and is having his agent test the market. Also think there are other players Juve are more keen to get rid of than him, we'd had gotten Ramsey for free had we asked.

And then there is the current international break and the AFCON if our main target is there. No idea where Bentancur is ranked on our list of targets.

10 hours ago, smg said:

If we are looking at when the club was ‘destroyed’ I think we have to look back a little earlier to the early late 60’s when we worked our way down  through the leagues to division 3. That surely was our lowest point. I believe Ellis played a part in our resurgence from that mess but if you feel he destroyed our club then carry on.

I remember all this. We were struggling in Div2 when Ellis took over (1968) but we had been mismanaged for some time so went down to the then Div3 in 1969. We did come back under Ellis so he must take some of the praise. The real issue over Ellis comes in later years. Much can be written - indeed has been - but for me Villa finished 2nd in the first year of the Premier League (under Ellis) but then lacked the ambition to retain a top 4 position - this is where Ellis did not have the strategic vision needed to take us forward. Very much like the old board Ellis replaced in 1968.

• Like 3

I suspect the agreement with the player is already done in principle. It’s just a matter of agreeing the fee with Juventus. They need to sell and are just hanging off for as long as possible to get the biggest fee. They are then trying to create a Mexican stand off by leaking interest of other clubs to try and force an increased offer from us. It will happen either today or tomorrow.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Dale said:

Anyway, back in topic. This isn't looking too likely is it. If the player doesn't 100% want to be here, we don't need to spend excessive effort persuading them. Onto the next one. 

I believe the personal terms etc have been done. They get completed first after the club indicates they’re willing to sell. The fee and payment structure is the last thing that gets finalised. 

Also Bentancur is a big Gerrard fan allegedly? 

• Like 3

Not sure if this has been posted but I found the below thread on twitter that seems to suggest if a fee below 20m (euros i guess) is agreed then Juve would owe Boca 10m as a flat fee vs. 6m if its 21m+, based on a %.

This may be why they are so pushy on the price...

2 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I hope we can get this one over the line this weekend, got a horrible feeling that Spurs will come in and pay the money as they are starting to get desperate.

Spurs who have bid 20 million less on players this window and already lost Diaz and Adama 

Same Spurs? 

54 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Not sure if this has been posted but I found the below thread on twitter that seems to suggest if a fee below 20m (euros i guess) is agreed then Juve would owe Boca 10m as a flat fee vs. 6m if its 21m+, based on a %.

This may be why they are so pushy on the price...

Saw that last night. Seems too stupid to be real.

Imagine a lot of the delay just comes down to both clubs wanting to get the best price for them and we aren’t desperate, even if we don’t sign him so can hold out til deadline.

• Like 1

Â