Weekends Football 14/16 January

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

People who still don't rate St. Maximin... head a wobble and all that.

What a bloody goal!

I think this has been said a few times... Most people rate him as a player but the idea of buying him? Forget it, he's their star player and on a daft contract, he'd be an £60-80m player under Ashley let alone now 

I think the not rating thing is a misconception because people, myself included, didn't want us to try and buy him 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He's Traore with more pace and power IMO.

I’d have said Traore was faster and stronger personally.

He certainly has the same X-Factor as Traore though, in that he can leave people for dead and create out of nothing. I think he’s a lot more skilful though and more likely to actually create a goal or assist.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Need Watford to win now to nullify the Newcastle (potential) result 

You mean Norwich to win to nullify the Newcastle result?

Watford winning against Newcastle would nullify the Newcastle result, I agree ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think the ship has sailed.

They will probably build around him.

Than again, someone might come in with huge money which they could use for FFP ?

I think they are fine ffp wise and would have to spend big to replace him. It's significant though that they have bought Chris Wood, no one great wants to go there, this is the level they can sign. It's going to take them a lot longer than people realise, GOOD 

Just now, Davkaus said:

Got to be on thin ice hasn't he. Don't get why he took that job

He’s baffling. I’m pretty sure he’s a bad manager despite achieving arguably the greatest ever sporting achievement. 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Got to be on thin ice hasn't he. Don't get why he took that job

Few months work and huge pay-off. Like most Watford managers :D 

3 minutes ago, penguin said:

I’d have said Traore was faster and stronger personally.

He certainly has the same X-Factor as Traore though, in that he can leave people for dead and create out of nothing. I think he’s a lot more skilful though and more likely to actually create a goal or assist.

He’s levels above Traore. 

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

I think they are fine ffp wise and would have to spend big to replace him. It's significant though that they have bought Chris Wood, no one great wants to go there, this is the level they can sign. It's going to take them a lot longer than people realise, GOOD 

I reckon they might have been signing with 1 eye on The Championship as well.

Â