Formula One - 2022

BOF

It can be frustrating watching someone less than a second behind for 10 or more laps and not be able to challenge but at the end of the day if the person infront doesn’t make a mistake that’s how it should be!

We obviously want overtaking but it can’t be too easy either.

It was amusing that the commentators at one stage were saying that something needed to be done about DRS as it was now too easy to pass. Then later on the Ferrari still couldn’t pass the Red Bull.

It suggests it’s not too far off. 

Much quicker cars can pass which is the idea. Slower cars don’t get a free pass which is also the idea.

• Like 1

Enjoyed that. I usually enjoy Canada. I thought Hamilton did really well. The Mercs still have that knack of not giving anyone anything for free.  They're about 3rd at the moment and they get it every time. Meanwhile Leclerc, the only realistic threat to Verstappen's title, has now gone 20th, 4th, 19th, 5th. He and they just don't have the consistency.  Hamilton is the best thing that could have happened to Max. Over the last few seasons Max has had to come up to Lewis's super-human levels of consistency to even hold a candle to him, and now he has that. Max now has an incredible consistency to the point, like Lewis, that you just know he is not going to bin it. The way Vettel used to bin it when Lewis would pressure him.  Without Lewis there is no-one who has shown they can put up the results to challenge Max. It's why they need each other at the front and why F1 fans needs both. No matter how toxic the net can become while people discuss them.  Sainz did as well as he could, but he's not on Leclerc's level. Had it been the Monegasque I think the last 10 laps would have been a lot different. Kudos to the Alfas and Alpines, and Stroll getting his Canadian point. It's aboot time he scored again.

Roll on Silverstone. Another one of the best races on the calendar. Fingers crossed for a 3 team battle. But with Max's lead the way it is now, if Merc join the gang it could actually seal his title by robbing Ferrari of the big points too.

• Like 3

Im not a fan by any means but Verstappen is the real deal. Its hard to compare like for like but he's not far off Hamilton's level and may even be equal or better. Who knows if he will get the Champs but the talent is undeniable. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Farlz said:

Well I’d imagine Juri Vips has blown whatever chance he had of making it into F1. 

He's with Red Bull. Going on their CEO's views, and the form of the company in general, they won't be coming down too hard on Juri.

EDIT: They could move him to their TV channel for example.

Edited by sparrow1988

11 hours ago, Farlz said:

Well I’d imagine Juri Vips has blown whatever chance he had of making it into F1. 

He was never going to make it anyway. He's basically the same age as Norris and Tsunoda and hasn't shown much of anything in F2.

Still a silly boy though 

As much as you always have to be careful as an English speaker when assuming any term in Portuguese or Spanish is racist simply because it begins with 'neg-' (in this case neguinho), it seems this is one of those words that; although highly dependent on context and not always offensive in Portuguese; it definitely shouldn't be used by a white person on a black person because it doesn't really lend itself to any positive context.

TL;DR Piquet would seem to be a racist clearing in the woods.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

So it would seem that Nelson Piquet is a bit of a word removed.

Strange that a man that when asked who was the best between him and Senna replied with "well, I'm alive" would turn out to be a bad egg.

• Like 3