Formula One - 2022

BOF

43 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Ferrari are back! Not only the best looking car on the grid this year...

I don't like the red. It isn't red enough. Ferrari's should be scarlet, not this burgundy they've got going on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

I get the feeling most posters in this thread are Hamilton fans judging on the posts today 😂

I can't think of anyone in sport I detest as much as Lewis Hamilton. Easily most overrated driver has only had to race his teammate for all his championship wins. He even lost to one of them.

Max is great, I like Leclerc too. Alonso the best driver of this generation though. 

Max and Lewis aren’t the  only two drivers on the grid. 

I don’t like either of them. I dislike Max more

It’s weird isn’t it.

I think Lewis was robbed = I love Lewis

Max is a prick = I love Lewis

Horner appears like an massive bellend = I love Toto and Lewis

It’s possible to have an opinion on one thing without there being a direct link to another point of view.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, YouUnastanFren said:

I think I can see the problem, you've only watched 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2019.

If you'd seen any other seasons you'd have seen his main rivals be in red cars as well as his debut season where he beat his reigning two time world champion teammate.

I don't really ever root for Hamilton since he left McLaren but the attempt at belittling his career is bordering on parody. Without the first and third paragraphs I'd think your post was satire.

And as if other multi world champions haven’t had seasons where they’ve had a far superior car. 

Schumacher and Vettell Both had at least 2 seasons where they only had to beat their teammate. 

27 minutes ago, Tayls said:

What has changed with the cars this season? I just can’t see how Mercedes have lost so much pace compared with Ferrari. Is there a new set of criteria that teams have to adhere to each season, things that HAVE to be redesigned etc? 

Mostly aerodynamics, but it’s pretty much the biggest change in the sport for decades. 

15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't like the red. It isn't red enough. Ferrari's should be scarlet, not this burgundy they've got going on.

There won't be a return to the gloss finish anytime soon I'd say as the matte paint jobs are a bit lighter and every gram is valuable at the moment.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

There won't be a return to the gloss finish anytime soon I'd say as the matte paint jobs are a bit lighter and every gram is valuable at the moment.

True, matt is lighter on it's own, but F1 cars need a finish lacquer on top, as a true matt acrylic produces drag, which would affect the aero on a F1 car.

Edited by foreveryoung

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I know what you mean, it’s not right to not see that clearly identifiable bright red but it looks mean, and fast.

32 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Karma's a bitch Max. 

One race ain't karma. I think Red Bull look better equipped for a championship shot than the Mercs do at the moment but will take Ferrari one twos all season long.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

May be wrong but isn't the darker red because thar was the original colour ferrari first raced with in f1 in the 50s

I know it’s early but, all in all, the rule changes seemed to have had the desired effect. Shook up the field a bit, seems to allow closer racing, and the cost cap/wind tunnel testing allowances based on finishing position in the previous season should ensure that the richest teams can only slowly work back to where they were.

Hopefully it continues for the season.