Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

26 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Just to say the bit in bold is not part of the circular argument - it is the key point. Emery is OK with him as back up GK and, like virtually every other squad member he has improved under Emery. He’s not as good as Martinez and the defence take more care to protect him . If he was as good as Martinez he would have been off this transfer window seeking regular first team football.

Yep Emery being comfortable with him being 2nd choice is all that matters really.

Edited by villan95
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Clean sheet for Sweden in a 5 - 0 win against Estonia.

Was chatting with a big Roma fan yesterday about Olsen. When he plays for Sweden, then against decent opposition they put 10 men behind the ball and his job is a shot stopper and that's it. The only times he played alright for Roma it was when it was really backs to the wall. The way we play we need a keeper to be a sweeper keeper and to be able to play it out from the back. For now he's number 2 but I really don't see how that can be a long term thing.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Playing him is only extending the pain. Not his fault, he's just not good enough. Or mentally strong enough to not fall apart whenever he makes the XI.

He's the opposite of the sort of sub keeper you want. Prime age, prime wages, absolutely useless at everything.

Mental the club decided to sign him when he's clearly broken. Has he ever had a good game? Not just plucking a game like Spurs he played in we won. Has he actually played well ever for us?

Edited by Tomaszk

5 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Is he the problem tonight, not convinced. 

He gets beat at his near post for the goal and may as well be wearing clown shoes based on some of his passing out from the back.  

How much more convincing do you need?

Edited by AshVilla

4 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

He gets beat at his near post for the goal and may as well be wearing clown shoes based on some of his passing out from the back.  

How much more convincing do you need?

Beat by a good finish after a **** up by the defence and midfield. Just don't think he's the first in line for blame. Saved well from dcl. I'm not olsens biggest fan but I just don't think he's been our biggest problem. 

13 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Beat by a good finish after a **** up by the defence and midfield. Just don't think he's the first in line for blame. Saved well from dcl. I'm not olsens biggest fan but I just don't think he's been our biggest problem. 

He's not our biggest problem, but unfortunately, he is a problem none the less. 

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

He is a problem long term but that was a completely avoidable goal from the defence and midfield

Exactly, nobody is doubting that this guy is shocking but he hasn't been the problem, we have a gaping hole in our midfield in the form of a Belgium donkey (not tielemans but he isn't far behind) that has basically destroyed the whole set up

2 minutes ago, andym said:

He's made a couple of really good saves, but i'm finding it hard to believe it's just an unlucky coincidence that we look a shambles basically every time he plays.

Yeah. I think he unsettles the defence big time.

He's not the primary player to blame tonight but he's definitely one of our biggest liabilities.

• Like 1

Not his fault he isnt as good as Martinez. Its the clubs fault for not rectifying their mistake buying him. With Mings and a left back in the team and our first choice midfield he is not too bad. But he wasnt bought for that. He was bought to play with other squad players in cup games . 

Â