Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The Heaton that played for us was head and shoulders above Olsen

Was he really though? One of first home games from memory he did clanger challenge against Bournemouth 1st minute for a penalty and we lost and don't remember being much better. Honestly remember him being shit after being excited that we signed him

You can talk about him lacking confidence all you like if it makes you feel better, but he’s garbage. I couldn’t care less who Uniteds/Arsenals second choice keepers are, ours is rubbish and he’ll cost us again this season.

Still hoping we can move him on and bring in somebody semi competent. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Screw Twitter and many so called fans that use it to post shit like this.

Yes, comments like this are really pathetic. By implication he's also having a pop at Unai. Didn't take too long for idiots to decide that they know how to manage our club better thanmEmery

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You can talk about him lacking confidence all you like if it makes you feel better, but he’s garbage. I couldn’t care less who Uniteds/Arsenals second choice keepers are, ours is rubbish and he’ll cost us again this season.

well the point is more that if United or Arsenal are attracting poor 2nd choice keepers then what hope do we have

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

well the point is more that if United or Arsenal are attracting poor 2nd choice keepers then what hope do we have

There was a comment yesterday along the lines of you can't compete with a poor 2nd choice keeper

Arsenal did last year

But then yeah I think there should be the reality that attracting a known 2nd choice keeper who will only play should martinez get injured is not an easy job for villa, we can't just go out and get whoever we want because the number of good keepers who want that job is going to be incredibly slim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As others have mentioned the venn diagram of keepers who are good enough but also happy with almost zero playing time is incredibly small. 

NFL teams have the same issue. Once you get a top 5 QB it's understood if he goes down then your season is pretty much cooked. Just enjoy the fact we have possibly the best keeper on planet earth playing for the Villa. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Is your middle name overreaction? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Olsen secret plan theory; Or, Why I'm not completey ruling out new goalkeeper siging but only if another club wishes to buy Awlsen off us

Club would like a new goalkeeper but that cannot happen unless Olsen is sold, so the manager isn't going to talk him down or make out we're desperate to get rid, that wouldn't be good for us in terms of trying to sell him as would give any buyer the upperhand in negotiations, but also wouldn't be good for Olsen's confidence should he still be with us come the end of the transfer window as obviously if does stay we want him to feel wanted or at least that we have confidence in him

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

People realise Heaton has played 3 games of football in 3 and a half years, at 37, yeah? He's done.

The Heaton that played for us was head and shoulders above Olsen, a better backup now though? Probably not, no.

I am surprised by Emery keeping the faith with Olsen though, I must say, it's not just the mistakes on their own, its that the defence is clearly impacted by those past mistakes and look like they're shitting themselves any time that the ball is near our box. If it were up to me, after Stevenage I wouldn't even want him getting time in the early rounds of the Europa or the League Cup. Still, Emery hasn't made many bad decisions for us at all, if this is his judgement, he deserves the trust.

When did it become Olsens fault we lost to Stevenage? Wasn’t there 10 other players on the pitch? 9 after Donck got sent off. If we’re dropping players completely because of A freak result, then surly should be applied to all the players who played that game?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Another totally ridiculous post I'm afraid. The guy has done nothing wrong this season and until he actually does "cost" us something we should stop suggesting he will

He's a Villa player and we should stop barracking him. He's a national teams keeper. Perhaps their supporters actually support him!!!

Edited by pintpotvilla
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

How can you provide evidence Heaton is better?

Ok so neither of us can do that because he hasnt played much for us to know for certain however 

lets phrase the questIon in a different way. Olsen is 33 and heaton in his playing career is a much better keeper than olsen is. Lets even take 32 or even 31. Heaton was and is the far superior keeper.

Heatons 37 and i bet olsen will be even worse at that age. The guys a nyland mark 2. Always a mistake in him (as per shown in the newcastle game a few games ago)

Continue to support him but dont be complaining on him when he gets his chance and makes mistakes like stevange 

25 minutes ago, duke313 said:

When did it become Olsens fault we lost to Stevenage? Wasn’t there 10 other players on the pitch? 9 after Donck got sent off. If we’re dropping players completely because of A freak result, then surly should be applied to all the players who played that game?

what who's blaming anyone other than dendonkey for that loss? 

3 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

what who's blaming anyone other than dendonkey for that loss? 

To be honest, the whole team have to take the hit on that one. The fact that we were only 1-0 up against Stevenage at home in the 85th minute was as criminal as Dendocker’s mistake and the lack of marking / poor goalkeeping for the second goal.

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

To be honest, the whole team have to take the hit on that one. The fact that we were only 1-0 up against Stevenage at home in the 85th minute was as criminal as Dendocker’s mistake and the lack of marking / poor goalkeeping for the second goal.

not for me. we were in total control until dendonkey did what he did.  

Â