Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Well the reason managers do it is 'cos otherwise they never get a game and then if the main guy gets injured the number 2 is I assume less fresh. Also presumably you're going to get a worse goalie to sign as a backup if they think they'll literally never play. It's a problem; you either have just one good goalkeeper and then have to pray he never gets injured or loses form, or you have to play your backup sometimes. 

What happened to the days of signing a number 2 and saying "you won't play unless there is an injury crisis" and taking that risk? How often do keepers get injured. Mark Bunn for example. Fine.

It's better than getting a No.2 who is absolute cabbage and telling him he will play.

It's like a trend now to have a No.2 goalkeeper play Cup games, which is fine if you're number plays CL and PL and you win of them.

Having a pub player play in the only ever competitions you can win is beyond stupid.

You might aswell not enter the competition.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Having a pub player play in the only ever competitions you can win is beyond stupid.

You might aswell not enter the competition.

When it's laid out as plainly as that, it's quite odd to think we'd allow a "weak" team when we're 6 games from a trophy, to preserve our best players to try and push for 10th in the league. Like we're going to tell our kids about the season we finished above Crystal Palace

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I had this discussion with my Dad on the way back to the car. It’s like arguing which is the worst dog turd

I’ve had this very discussion with some mates. The consensus was those huge mushy dog turds, that if you inadvertently step in one your entire foot slips from under you, are the worst. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

What happened to the days of signing a number 2 and saying "you won't play unless there is an injury crisis" and taking that risk? How often do keepers get injured.

It's only three years since we had to sign Reina in a flap because we had two or three goalies injured at the same time. I know it doesn't happen that often but it's a risk. 

I've never seen a keeper get down so slowly. It is genuinely in slow motion. 

That shot for the second should never have gone in. It's unobstructed, and not even in the corner of the goal at the near post. 

The player shouldn't have been able to receive it short, but it definitely shouldn't have got past Olsen. 

I just watched the highlights… it’s worse than I thought 😭 

The first goal… pretty much my entire life a foul is given at the point a foul starts… how is it a pen when Dendonker starts tugging the shirt well outside the box? 

Second goal, even allowing for being asleep when the corner is taken how on earth has Olsen been beaten from there?

He’s a terrible goalkeeper who has played a major part on both goals.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, supermon said:

Lot of people blaming Olsen for the 2nd goal, the only thing I'd blame Olsen for is for not organizing his defence n shouting at the players to mark the Stevenage player that was free, defending was criminal.

He should have done FAR better with this shot

9-D1-A8-DAA-927-B-4-A6-E-9752-8663-AD770

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

He should have done FAR better with this shot

9-D1-A8-DAA-927-B-4-A6-E-9752-8663-AD770

Yeah, there's no way he should have been beaten here, even if the short corner took the team by surprise (which it shouldn't have done anyway, of course). 

• Like 2

During the first half I genuinely thought that these quick throws out straight down the middle of the pitch we’re going to go badly at some point. 

It’s unusual to see a goalkeeper distribute the ball like that so often (for obvious reason). 

35 minutes ago, supermon said:

Lot of people blaming Olsen for the 2nd goal, the only thing I'd blame Olsen for is for not organizing his defence n shouting at the players to mark the Stevenage player that was free, defending was criminal.

He was screaming at them to push out the moment they took it short. 

42 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

That 2nd goal he obviously thought he was gonna cross it into the box, he wasn't even ready, I'd put my house on Emi saving that and being far more aware.

He has terrible awareness and positioning. Not even a decent shot-stopper either.

Can't see why we bought him at all - other than in the Gerrard era signing big "names" seemed to be the favoured approach and presumably the prospect of signing a first choice international goalie appealed more to Slippy G than a competent championship goalie

18 minutes ago, supermon said:

That's deceptive, Ollie had to burst towards the player so didn't close him fast enough. Olsen was done by the pace of the shot.

The shot was hard and swerved a bit but it was eminently saveable. 

50 minutes ago, Genie said:

I just watched the highlights… it’s worse than I thought 😭 

The first goal… pretty much my entire life a foul is given at the point a foul starts… how is it a pen when Dendonker starts tugging the shirt well outside the box? 

Second goal, even allowing for being asleep when the corner is taken how on earth has Olsen been beaten from there?

He’s a terrible goalkeeper who has played a major part on both goals.

Two fouls - he's firstly pulling the player by the shirt (outside the box) but then brings him down inside the box with his legs when tackling.

I actually thought he shouldn't be sent off; if it's the shirt pull and free kick then, yes, red card (no attempt to play the ball) but the second tackle looks like an attempt to win the ball and therefore shouldn't be a red.

Â