Lucas Digne

villan-scott

1 hour ago, Powehi said:

Of course, he's not our player of the season.

But something like 'Surprise of the Season' / 'Underrated Player of the Season' / 'Unsung Hero of the Season' would be appropriate. King Unai came in and turned what looked to be an expensive Gerrard flop into a massive contributor to our incredible season. Take a bow Lucas.

Given what happened with targett (or at least what we're told) it's great to see someone who who kept going and stepped up when the competition for a place came up, Moreno had a bad year and us having this kind of guy in our squad is part of why we pushed it over the line 

Id keep him next year 

• Like 1

Provided some absolutely crucial assists early in the season. Definitely lost form in the last 4 weeks or so, but given his age and workload not surprising. 

Definitely seems very fond of the club and the team.

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Given what happened with targett (or at least what we're told) it's great to see someone who who kept going and stepped up when the competition for a place came up, Moreno had a bad year and us having this kind of guy in our squad is part of why we pushed it over the line 

Id keep him next year 

How is Targett doing these days? 🤣

2 minutes ago, birdman said:

How is Targett doing these days? 🤣

Thrived playing behind closed doors so he's probably trying to get a transfer to blues.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Powehi said:

Of course, he's not our player of the season.

But something like 'Surprise of the Season' / 'Underrated Player of the Season' / 'Unsung Hero of the Season' would be appropriate. King Unai came in and turned what looked to be an expensive Gerrard flop into a massive contributor to our incredible season. Take a bow Lucas.

Yep. People couldn't wait to get rid of him in August. He also had a poor game in the Liverpool 3-0 loss so he's been very good since then.

The plan seemingly was to sell Digne, sign Marcos Acuna and have him, Moreno and even Pau alternating at LB so not sure that would've worked out that well tbh.

Of course Moreno was expected back in September but he had a setback and a complete write off season for him. Acuna missed loads of games for Sevilla and Pau after a slow start looks like he's been playing for years in the prem as a CB.

Sometimes a transfer not working out can be the best thing. Digne will leave with my best wishes but I'd be pretty happy for him to stick around until January.

Emery was prepared to let him go in January, this was stated several times in his press conferences. I think it's likely that either he or Moreno will depart in the upcoming summer transfer window with a younger replacement coming in, we've been linked to Hume and Loko

1 minute ago, useless said:

Emery was prepared to let him go in January, this was stated several times in his press conferences. I think it's likely that either he or Moreno will depart in the upcoming summer transfer window with a younger replacement coming in, we've been linked to Hume and Loko

January, really? Didn't see those comments. We've needed him for the last few months with Moreno's endless setbacks.

Well he said on numerous occassions that he could leave, or maybe was once, but he definitely said it, and amounts to the same thing as there wouldn't be the possibility of leaving without Emery's blessing. Of course since Moreno hasn't looked back to his old self and Digne has done well, so maybe now would more prefer to keep Digne, I don't know, I guess which one of them will attract offers will also dictate things

Nobody can convince me this guy is good enough for next season 

At best he'll be a squad player 

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I'd like us to try and move him on this summer for someone quicker and stronger tbh. 

i think thats his problem, the "modern" players is usually athletic as well as technical, especially at full back.

He isnt athletic at all.

4 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Nobody can convince me this guy is good enough for next season 

At best he'll be a squad player 

i dont want a squad player on 125/130k p/w tho tbh.

Â