Lucas Digne

villan-scott

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'll probably comment on lots of different performances, Digne included, soz.

I advise you judge on reality instead of preconceived notions though, you'll enjoy things more.

10 mins? I'll have the credit of 90 thanks.

That's fine, you're an opinionated guy, but if you harbour strong opinions don't be surprised if you get challenged on them frequently. And I'm in touch with reality thank you.

I meant 10 minutes before the official club announcement, but of course you knew that.

14 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

That's fine, you're an opinionated guy, but if you harbour strong opinions don't be surprised if you get challenged on them frequently.

Good stuff.

Watch out though, because all my opinions are right. Definitely better than everyone else's. And I'm humble as ****.

• Haha 1

Credit to him for his last two performances but it’s worth considering how weak and ineffective the opposition were and how much space he was afforded… he has played well and contributed, no doubt about that and well done to him. Has helped the team in a time of need…

But, imagine Moreno playing in those games, running riot and causing havoc.

He was far from the worst player vs Newcastle. So it would be interesting to see how he does against someone like Liverpool if he can keep this form going…

He’s played fairly well but hardly ever really impressed or justified the outlay on him.

This is the problem… the stupidity of Purslow and Gerrard to sign him for £25m and give him a five year contract at anywhere ranging £120-165k per week is maddening!

His contract expires in 2026! He is 30…

That’s the main problem here… the financial side, length of contract and it only gets more difficult to shift him as he gets older…

If he was on a shorter and more moderate contract, say it was 75k or so and expired after next season (when we could offer a renewal at a reduced rate if we wanted to keep him around or otherwise just send him on his way) then there would barely ever have been any complaints or concerns…

In terms of criticising him or wanting him sold, it’s got nothing to do with Gerrard and it’s really silly to even suggest that…

He’ll never be first choice and isn’t a preferred player of Unai’s (doesn’t fit into his preferred style and system as a first choice or important player).

I don’t think anyone has a personal problem with him (he’s a good pro and a fine player, just not exceptional and he arguably should be for what we invested in him)… but it’s not sensible or sustainable to have reserve players being paid (and paid for) so handsomely and for so long…

Even if he sticks around… he’s not going to displace a fit and firing Moreno or any other player that Unai himself chooses and signs…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 3

I think he's a quality player and as possible back-ups go when Moreno returns you're not getting much better than him anywhere.  Equally you can't really be of the mind of "I trust Emery" and blame the fans that he might leave because he played great against Hibs. Personally though I'd question letting him go on loan and then paying a fee for a player like Acuña.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Maybe the threat of downgrading in league lit a fire in him? 

More just the garbage opponents and us focussing attack down the left I think.

I don't think he'd personally mind Villa's bench to Nice's first XI. Nice is lovely!

2 really productive performances from him.

The concern is that teams most weeks won't allow him the sort of space he's been given and he's picked up 3 bookings in 3 games already. 

If he stays, I'll be happy, if he leaves and is replaced sufficiently and also allows us to strengthen elsewhere on the pitch. I'll be happy. I think we're in a strong position either way. 

Â