Lucas Digne

villan-scott

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

My thoughts are we want to lower the cost of the position for FFP purposes when he's considered the back up player and costs twice as much as Moreno per year. So we're willing to accept a drop in the level vs Digne as the trade off for FFP savings is worth it

I’d keep him as just said but I understand this logic and we have to make some decisions like that.

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

I’d keep him as just said but I understand this logic and we have to make some decisions like that.

I trust Emery and Monchi to make the right decisions. If we save money this season with FFP it gives more headroom in future windows

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

My thoughts are we want to lower the cost of the position for FFP purposes when he's considered the back up player and costs twice as much as Moreno per year. So we're willing to accept a drop in the level vs Digne as the trade off for FFP savings is worth it

Because he's played well against the worst PL side I've seen since 2016 Aston Villa and League One level Hibs with Lee Johnson as manager, it doesn't mean Digne is a great PL player all of a sudden.

The first thing Emery did was replace him in the XI. His limitations are known and often seen. It won't be every game he's invited to nothing but ping crosses in - clearly he's good at that.

Understandably, Digne wants to play with the World Cup coming up and he's not going to a huge amount here if Moreno is fit.

No chance Emery agrees to a worse left back coming in for financial reasons. Especially when it's not going to be a sale. If it was a solid fee of £15m or whatever, there's an argument to make. Not a loan we won't benefit much from at all.

18 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

We know you hate him, it's boring, find someone else to have a go at before you bore us all to death.

I could have at you but I don't want you to get upset :(

xx

I think Unai wants a different sort of LB, but the market for them is not that great as we've seen if we're in for the likes of Acuna and Tavares.

Digne is clearly not downing tools so if he stays, then great - we have an option against teams sitting back and letting him have space. If the Evertons and Hibs of the world are content leaving him unmarked to calculate his taxes from his astronomical wages and then put in a cross, then even better. If not - then I hope we get at least an equal replacement in.

Edited by DJBOB

16 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I could have at you but I don't want you to get upset :(

xx

You won't upset me at all, but leave Lucas out of it, quality player who's clearly doing his best for Villa despite the move not working out as he hoped.

Oh, and keep sending the team sheets in 10 minutes before kick off, there's a good lad. 

5 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

You won't upset me at all, but leave Lucas out of it, quality player who's clearly doing his best for Villa despite the move not working out as he hoped.

I'll probably comment on lots of different performances, Digne included, soz.

I advise you judge on reality instead of preconceived notions though, you'll enjoy things more.

5 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Oh, and keep sending the team sheets in 10 minutes before kick off, there's a good lad. 

10 mins? I'll have the credit of 90 thanks.

Â