Lucas Digne

villan-scott

3 hours ago, Rich192 said:

A lot of players have taken their medicals for moves to Saudi Arabia in France. So he could’ve had permission to travel there for a medical a few days before our game so it doesn’t disrupt our game plan for Sunday, and so when all the finances of the deal are sorted, he can move quickly?

I get the feeling he'll play on Sunday and then probably leave soon after as I assume we'll move quickly on Acuna so could see that being confirmed over the weekend/early next week.

Or he stays until Moreno gets fit which is logical given Saudi transfer deadline is middle of September I think.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

I get the feeling he'll play on Sunday and then probably leave soon after as I assume we'll move quickly on Acuna so could see that being confirmed over the weekend/early next week.

Or he stays until Moreno gets fit which is logical given Saudi transfer deadline is middle of September I think.

Dont we only have 2 spots available in the squad for registration

I like Revan a lot, an underrated player from our group that won the FA Youth Cup, but I do wonder if people are overestimating him, his only senior football experience is a loan to the National League which was cut short before being sent to National League North, and last season he didn't get a loan at all so was playing for our U21s, if he gets a loan to League Two this season will be doing well, and if he plays any part in our first team will be an even bigger rise than Archer had when he went from Solihull to playing for our first team, obviously would be great if that happened, but trying be cautious.

People saying he's better than Chrisene after a few pre-season games, but Chrisene had just come back from missing half a season and has played at a much higher level, he had already played at an higher level before he signed for us, and has since performed well at Scottish Premier League level, recent lengthy injuries might hinder his chances for now, but if it weren't for those would he probably be on the verge of a Championship loan, if he can stay fit that probably won't be far away for him.

If Digne was to leave in coming days, I think we would just start with Pau at left-back if a newley signed left-back not available yet.

55 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

One concern over him going would be what new hilarious joke can be repeated ad nauseam on here to take the place of “Digne’s wages…” 

Phil’s still here…

57 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

One concern over him going would be what new hilarious joke can be repeated ad nauseam on here to take the place of “Digne’s wages…” 

Is he taller than Tommy Elphick is still doing the rounds, we'll get a few more years out of that.

No clue what the answer is but FIFA need to act on Saudi.

They let things slide with multiple club groups and buy-back clauses. It's absolutely broken, approaching beyond repair.

Honestly think deals like Digne (should it go through, expect Saudi to pull out at any point) are just to keep clubs off their back while they go about ruining the rest of football.

Far from the realms of possibility Chelsea and Newcastle will join City in the top 4 for the foreseeable and they will not be dropping back out with Saudi funding.

Total mess.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Why would Al Hilal ignoring him be Monchi's fault? 😂

He'll be loaned somewhere for the season 

Apparently (according to much earlier reports) he didn’t want to leave and wanted to fight for his place…

Not on those wages mate! 🥾 

Edited by Jas10

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

🥾 

:crylaugh:

Can't wait for him to leave. Painfully average and has fleeced us rotten.

Obscene waste of money that the usual contrarians have adopted to get some attention.

37 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

I hope you're not in charge of people's appraisals where you work! He's been just fine for us. Not the greatest player we've ever had, but by no means a bad player. Last season was a decent showing for us under Emery! A few important goals too. As to his wages, not that anyone here ACTUALLY knows what he earns, that's more the clubs fault than his for agreeing to them. If he ends up staying, he will be a solid part of the squad.

The loudest noises here and on the internet are often both arrogant and extreme. He was a Gerrard signing and therefore he’s horrible and fleeced us. When in fact he accepted a contract and has been decent. Yes he’s on way too high wages but he’s not the devil.

It’s hard to have a debate here when everything gets so polarised.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

I hope you're not in charge of people's appraisals where you work! He's been just fine for us.

Average/fine, tomato/tomato.

Not the greatest player we've ever had, but by no means a bad player. Last season was a decent showing for us under Emery! A few important goals too. As to his wages, not that anyone here ACTUALLY knows what he earns

It's over £150k a week if he starts games and we win.

that's more the clubs fault than his for agreeing to them.

He's done nothing wrong, agree. Club (Purslow) ballsed up by giving the rocket polisher of a manager a player he wanted without any research beyond Gerrard saying "Yeah, he's a player"

If he ends up staying, he will be a solid part of the squad.

He'll continue to be poor or average being paid the most at the club.

For the club to function properly we cannot have a back-up left back on more than every other player.

That's why we're paying through the anus to get him out even if the Saudi bid turns out to be wasting our time (shock).

3 minutes ago, bose said:

He was a Gerrard signing and therefore he’s horrible and fleeced us

Do you think this about Kamara as well? John McGinn? (and I really hated Bruce, my god)

I don't.

Judge player performances on evidence not preconceptions.

Â