Lucas Digne

villan-scott

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

No, I'm saying you are using a fictitious number about his wages as a method to further attack the player. Simply criticising his performances isn't enough for you. 

He was Evertons highest paid player on 120-130k a week and wasnt taking a pay cut to join us

Just now, Zatman said:

He was Evertons highest paid player on 120-130k a week and wasnt taking a pay cut to join us

See, just a few months ago, the figures I'd been told (by a fellow HolteEnder who is part of a scouting network with some links to our club) are £100k at Everton and now on £120k at Villa.

I see little point in using unsubstantiated salary figures when discussing player performance, especially when most, if not all, senior player's salaries are obscene anyway.

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

For the offer of first team football, a long contract into his 30s and of course the Gerrard Factor I wouldn't be surprised if he joined on pretty much the same wage.  Maybe better bonus incentives.  Anyway it seems to me like he and Moreno are in a job-share so not the greatest value but that's irrelevant for Emery, he just has to work out the way to get the best out of the squad he inherited until the summer.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

No, I'm saying you are using a fictitious number about his wages as a method to further attack the player. Simply criticising his performances isn't enough for you. 

So you think I’m attacking Digne as a player because of his wages?
You’re 100% sure I’m not ‘attacking’ the player because he’s been poor this season and criticising the club for not thinking long term when signing players of an older age profile? 

42 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Oh I am fully sure he's in the top earners with Coutinho, (Ings when he was here), Martinez, Carlos and now likely Mings. All around the 120-125k range. I'd say Kamara is on that too (probably had a sign on bonus too). 

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

Hope he doesn’t have to queue for them at half-time, he’s going to miss the second half!!

A lot of us have been calling for early subs so it's not all bad.

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

So you think I’m attacking Digne as a player because of his wages?
You’re 100% sure I’m not ‘attacking’ the player because he’s been poor this season and criticising the club for not thinking long term when signing players of an older age profile? 

Clearly you can't read. Read the post you quoted. Google the meaning of further. 

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Clearly you can't read. Read the post you quoted. Google the meaning of further. 

*Heads over to Google*

Ah I see, so you're saying I'm criticising him for his performances and then further attacking him personally because of his wages? 

• Haha 1

I actually think he has been decent enough in his time with us. With him and Moreno that's our right side sorted for maybe a couple of years maximum - neither of them are spring chickens.

If the problem is players not earning their big salaries, then maybe better examples elsewhere.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I actually think he has been decent enough in his time with us. With him and Moreno that's our right side sorted for maybe a couple of years maximum - neither of them are spring chickens.

If the problem is players not earning their big salaries, then maybe better examples elsewhere.

I’d argue Digne is the best example of that tbh. 

£160k a week for a left back used in rotation is a lot of money for a club that can’t finish in the top 10…

We need to be much more sensible as a club moving forward. Maybe Gerrard pushed for it and we can blame him!

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I thought the weekend game was his best in a long time. Looked better defensively and if it werent for a great Pickford save he'd have walked away with an assist.

It was a great bit of play - from the overlap to cross. Ollie was really unlucky to not score there. 

27 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Yup - I've never understood the "need to sell" stuff.  He's been absolutely fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I thought the weekend game was his best in a long time. Looked better defensively and if it werent for a great Pickford save he'd have walked away with an assist.

It actually was. I'd argue he was the best of the back 4 on the weekend. His problem will always be when faced up against somebody with pace. He's so slow it's painful. 

Â