Lucas Digne

villan-scott

10 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The ball also ricocheted into Digne’s leg - March wasn’t in control. There wasn’t any advantage to gain nor was he impeded as he fell off balance trying to win the ball before he’s touched. 

Nor was McGinn. The ball is going out of play when he gets taken out by Dunk. Should that not be a penalty either then? 

18 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I agree with this. Mac Allister pushes him completely from behind to send Luiz off balance.

Ref was so shit yesterday.

It’s the directive from the league to the refs. Stuff like that although technically a foul will not be given. “Let it flow”. The ref is only doing what he is told. 

Edited by sparrow1988

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Nor was McGinn. The ball is going out of play when he gets taken out by Dunk. Should that not be a penalty either then? 

If Dunk isn't sliding in to take McGinn out then McGinn wouldn't have made that touch. It's not the same thing at all.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

21 seconds in.  Not a penalty, right?

Bent quite clearly gets a good poke on the ball and was taken out. The ball is about a foot away from the wolves player who is also slipping! So, yes, it’s a penalty. he also whacks bent in the ankles as he is moving away from him. 
On yesterdays, I think if the ball didn’t hit Digne’s standing leg, and went away from him (towards our goal) then it would have been given. However I still believe that March put his leg right across dignes striking leg whilst he was mid hit. There was no way Digne could stop. 

28 minutes ago, bobzy said:

"Imminently about to take out your whole body"  Poor Lucas must have been terrified! :D

Ultimately, I don't think it matters.  If someone gets to the ball before you do and you end up kicking them, then you've fouled them.  It's Digne's fault for taking so long to clear the ball and he should have been punished.

As I said in the match thread, we got a similar penalty against Wolves a few years back where Karl Henry (I think) took his time clearing the ball, Darren Bent nipped in and Henry just booted Bent.  Penalty.  Because he just kicked a player and not the ball.  It shouldn't not be given because Henry (or Digne) were too slow.  That's on them.

I struggle to understand how people think it shouldn't be a penalty.  I'm delighted it wasn't given, but I'd be calling for that every single day of the week if it happened against Villa.

Edit:  I've looked it up and it was Christophe Berra!  Karl Henry was sent off in the same game (again, for kicking a player).

I think Kane got a similar penalty vs Liverpool for the same type of incident

13 minutes ago, Rolta said:

If Dunk isn't sliding in to take McGinn out then McGinn wouldn't have made that touch. It's not the same thing at all.

Thank you! I really don’t know why this up for so much debate, unless people have some axe to grind against Digne. He didn’t do anything wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Thank you! I really don’t know why this up for so much debate, unless people have some axe to grind against Digne. He didn’t do anything wrong. 

Correct - he didn't do anything wrong.  He got unlucky and then we got lucky :D 

45 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Brighton's goal was a foul on Luiz anyway so who gives a shit

Yep. If the ref was doing his job right that would have been a foul so no goal and they would have (possibly) been given a penalty for the challenge on Digne which Martinez might (possibly) have saved or not.

So still a 2-1 win for us. 👍

As someone said, if you work hard you get lucky.

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The claret and blue specs are out in force today.

It should have been a penalty. We got away with it. 

Don't worry about it

Referee was a shambles.  Brighton's goal should not have stood, so even if Digne had gave a way a penalty we still deserved to win 2-1.

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Referee was a shambles.  Brighton's goal should not have stood, so even if Digne had gave a way a penalty we still deserved to win 2-1.

I agree we deserved to win. 100%

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, duke313 said:

7 yellow cards for us was a joke. It was a competitive game but not dirty

Â