Yves Bissouma

Corleone

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Do investigations ever get announced as being over? Surely the investigation would essentially continue indefinitely (even if no one is working on it) until more evidence is brought to light of any alleged claims? 

Sometimes they do in big public interest cases. I very much doubt they would in this instance though. Clumsy wording from me maybe.

What I'm getting at is the uncertainty worries people. I'm not saying it must be bad and it may well all be over already.

FWIW I am completely against the numerous posts debating all sort of alleged actions of varying severity. I don't think it's helpful to potentially be either downplaying or overstating any incident under the broad umbrella of sexual assault. Now if there was public CCTV of the alleged incident I would quite happily form an opinion on this case without a judge/jury having to tell me what to think...

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Do investigations ever get announced as being over? Surely the investigation would essentially continue indefinitely (even if no one is working on it) until more evidence is brought to light of any alleged claims? 

Sometimes Police end their enquiries with a ‘no charge to answer’ statement. Other investigations can go on for a long time but decisions have to be made early over person(s) on bail. Pre-trial/Police bail cannot go on ad infinitum. At this point people can continue with their lives as normal. 

12 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Not in general but a high profile case they would leak it to the media that the case was closed

45 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

This is nonsense. What MG is involved in has no, repeat no, bearing on the issue here. Sexual assaults leave more than just a bad taste but you cannot question one issue by referring to another disconnected issue - unless of course you prefer the ‘judgement’ of social media. 
On to Bissouma: what is the present state of the investigation? From previous posts in this thread two people were questioned over the incident - one a 40+ male is on conditional bale, Bissouma is either not on bail or is on unconditional bail. The fact that Bissouma was allowed to leave the country suggests there is little against him. Certainly a sensible employer would want to understand fully the facts around this case so if about to be charged no deal. If charge unlikely then a contract with a break clause could be used.

It's worth remembering that even if you had a contract with a break clause (and I'm pretty sure all professional footballers have contracts that can be cancelled if they commit a serious crime anyway) that you wouldn't get the transfer fee back from Brighton.

It does seem to me based on the limited evidence available that he's probably not going to get convicted of a crime, but if he was then the club would have broken their transfer record (~40m) and then almost immediately burned all that money. The fact we could cancel his contract when he went to jail would not be much comfort in that situation.

5 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

It's worth remembering that even if you had a contract with a break clause (and I'm pretty sure all professional footballers have contracts that can be cancelled if they commit a serious crime anyway) that you wouldn't get the transfer fee back from Brighton.

It does seem to me based on the limited evidence available that he's probably not going to get convicted of a crime, but if he was then the club would have broken their transfer record (~40m) and then almost immediately burned all that money. The fact we could cancel his contract when he went to jail would not be much comfort in that situation.

Good point but I thought transfer fees were paid in instalments so a clause stipulating payments would cease may help.

Just now, PerryBarrPet said:

Good point but I thought transfer fees were paid in instalments so a clause stipulating payments would cease may help.

I dont think any team would agree to that clause 

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Bissouma isn't signing for Villa.

Most likely destination is Man Poo in the Summer.

Perfect place actually to show his limitations. Bissouma, Fred and McTominay what a midfield trio to scare teams 😂

7 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Leaving it a bit late to reignite our interest.

Can't see Brighton selling him now, and I can't see us signing him in the summer as the likes of Liverpool and Man Utd will be sniffing around.

I can see them potentially selling today, they have mwepu and recalled caiceido so don't really need to source a replacement 

Â