Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

I think an outright termination is unlikely as the FFP hit will be too much. 

He's 8.5m left in book value so that would be booked as a loss instead of 4.25m and 4.25m in the following season. 

His salary is £7m per season and he would want some financial settlement on that also. 

They might be able to renegotiate Phil's contract so his salary is reduced to the amount Vasco can afford then we loan him to them with agreement that they will pay 100% of his wages. That would potentially avoid the FFP hit.

4 hours ago, The_Steve said:

It was a huge PR move by the club, it did raise our profile. He should, however have never been given such a lengthy contract. 

I dont think it did that much, top players are going to mid Premier League clubs now and we were no different. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

They might be able to renegotiate Phil's contract so his salary is reduced to the amount Vasco can afford then we loan him to them with agreement that they will pay 100% of his wages. That would potentially avoid the FFP hit.

That's what Coutinho did to join us. He took a wages cut. I think we'll negotiate something similar where we fund maybe £1m of wages Vasco cover £4m and he takes £2m cut himself. 

4 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

With good preseason, he could be still useful next season in the champions league.

Hide contents

JK 😊

spacer.png

7 hours ago, The_Steve said:

It was a huge PR move by the club, it did raise our profile. He should, however have never been given such a lengthy contract. 

This is such bollocks.

From the same shelf as the Steve Bruce stopped the rot fiction.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

A  four year deal based on about 6 months of decent work. I mean what were we thinking?

The 4-year deal was met with unanimous praise on here and my post at the top of page 277 suggesting 4 years might be a tad excessive was met with a number of laughing and confused emojis.

1 minute ago, will87 said:

The 4-year deal was met with unanimous praise on here and my post at the top of page 277 suggesting 4 years might be a tad excessive was met with a number of laughing and confused emojis.

So you just came here to tell everyone, “I told you so”.

Nice!

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, will87 said:

Just like most things Gerrard did, it was clearly a bad move from the off. Outrageous what he was able to get away with.

Told you so @Jas10

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Just like most things Gerrard did, it was clearly a bad move from the off. Outrageous what he was able to get away with.

Told you so @Jas10

@Dale said it best there… (quite a few who were concerned then).

But let’s please move on from that Scouse clown…

Phil showed flashes… but just not up to it. Past it mate. Good luck to him and I’m sure he’ll enjoy the move.

Dougie wants to join him there one day too…

Edited by Jas10

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We want him gone so bad, we are even trying to buy Vasco SAF according to new report ( Already in V Sports thread )

Just give him a share of the club to terminate his contract. 

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

Let’s not rewrite history, he showed enough to make the move for £17mill permanent but his body just couldn’t deal with the demands of the premier league. He took a humongous pay cut to play for us and was a real coup at the time. Yes it didn’t work out sadly for all involved but he has always been a consummate professional and wish him all the best. 

No, he didn't show enough to sign him permanently. Especially for,what it was, 4 years? Madness and example of wishful thinking by Purslow and Gerrard.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â