Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

Yes!

Hopefully we have a deal lined up for a proper upgrade… making way for it by sending Phil out.

Good luck to him… not his fault but fitness and injuries let him down and prevented him making much of a mark here… entertained at times but too few and far between sadly…

Farewell.

Just now, villa89 said:

Their deadline is much later isn't it? So there's no rush. 

Yep, Qatar’s transfer deadline ends on September 18, and Saudi’s on September 20.

40 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I am amazed we have someone stupid enough to take him off our wage bill. Nice guy and obviously very talented but he can't hack it physically anymore. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but we should have left it at the loan spell and not signed him.

tbf he would tear up the saudi league (if he can stay fit), and its all about raising the league's profile, ticks all the boxes tbh (apart from the fitness/injury box)

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

tbf he would tear up the saudi league (if he can stay fit), and its all about raising the league's profile, ticks all the boxes tbh (apart from the fitness/injury box)

Yeah, he could become the “face” of the league and go and live comfortably with his family and set up his future… not that he’s short of a few bob 😄

Go n enjoy himself and not be pressured or under constant criticism…

Maybe similarly to what Messi has done… take it easy, have some fun, spend time with family, wind down etc.

I think it’s been obvious for a few years that Phil isn’t up to the demands and pressure of high level or elite football anymore… this seems the right move for him really…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

Bit sad he never really got fit under Emery. A lot of our plan now is to free up space and create quick openings in the pocket, he would be very good at that if he could just get a run.

Personally, I’m glad we can move on from these “hopes and dreams” and bring in someone more effective instead…

His body simply wasn’t up to the task…

So much talent and seems a great guy but… he’s just not cut out for PL football anymore…

-

We have to be more decisive and even “ruthless” (less sentimental) as a club to start having some tangible success for a change… it seems like that’s what is happening now and I’m fully on board.

We’ve needed a fresh approach and mentality for a long time… have flattered to deceive, declined and accepted mediocrity for ages… that all changes now.

• Like 2

Â