Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

On 31/07/2023 at 17:18, grantholtgolazo said:

125k per week is not a huge outlay for a top team, I agree he needs to play well but the endless gnashing of teeth over weekly wages is tiresome, especially viewed in context of majority of teams we need to overtake 

"Top" sides are playing a different game financially, and the really stupid ones (Man Utd) have to overpay for nearly everyone now. Other teams being stupid doesn't mean it's OK if we are - let's strive to be better!

Having back-ups that barely make the bench with everyone is fit as highest earners means every contract negotiation will be twice as hard. Leading striker on half the wage of a back-up LB or 5th(?) choice attacking midfielder is a right pain for the club.

Agree the wage chat does get tiresome. It's hard to not think of it whenever new players or budgets etc are discussed though. Wages are the things that kill clubs, not transfer fees.

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Maybe he should return to Serie A. Their pace sounds like it suits.

Let’s not forget we are in the conference league where the probably other best team are Fiorentina. Coutinho could be vital in helping us win that trophy. The amount of time and space he’ll get, he’ll shine and could help unpick those that sit back against us 

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Tore it up for Bayern in Champs League didn't he?

Even knocking out his parent club. lol

He was a sub most games. He played just over 90 minutes combined in 4 knock out games and it was 5-2 when he got on vs Barcelona

Edited by Zatman

49 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Let’s not forget we are in the conference league where the probably other best team are Fiorentina. Coutinho could be vital in helping us win that trophy. The amount of time and space he’ll get, he’ll shine and could help unpick those that sit back against us 

I dont see it, Stevenage he was useless and he seems to compensate for his lack of movement with constant long shots

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

He'll be some player in the games where the tempo isn't mega high (that said he's 31, not 40).  So in Europa Conference where the tempo is slower, he'll be able to make a difference. 

I don't have a problem with him, unlike the wage warriors on here. 

If you'd told me 3 years ago we'd have Countinho as a squad player, I'd not only have laughed, but I'd have spat at you too (I copy my heroes, Alpay). 

Its all about opinions, much preferred Savo as a spitter

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

For all the fancy flicks and nice little bits of skill, I’m just not sure how effective he is as an all round player. There’s always going to be moments when we’re wowed by something he does but I just can’t see him getting 15+ goals and assists over the season (excluding games against Micky mouse opposition in the cups) which really we need from a final third player

Edited by david-avfc

35 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Its all about opinions, much preferred Savo as a spitter

I wonder who the classiest spitter is?

Right guard fella? Got to be up there.

Grahame Le Seux?  Nah.. didn't own it.

Savo is a goodun, proper Eastern European "I don't give a hoot who this hits".

New thread idea! 

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

I wonder who the classiest spitter is?

Ruud Gullet? Got to be up there.

Grahame Le Seux?  Nah.. didn't own it.

Savo is a goodun, proper Eastern European "I don't give a hoot who this hits".

New thread idea! 

Rijkaard?

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

Â