Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I dont rate him as a coach like any Villa fan, but i doubt he cares, an who would. He'll get treated like royalty over there with probably a 6 million a year salary. Or should he go manage Wigan Atheletic in the championship. 

It depends on whether he has sporting ambition or making a load of money from a dodgy country ambition and being complicit in all the controversy that's connected to it.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I dont rate him as a coach like any Villa fan, but i doubt he cares, an who would. He'll get treated like royalty over there with probably a 6 million a year salary. Or should he go manage Wigan Atheletic in the championship. 

Repeated Post Edited. No need for me to say the same thing twice.

Edited by Rolta

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I don't think the Saudi clubs are paying transfer fee's are they? All of the signings are free transfers. We can't let him go on a free there as we'd take a huge loss. So there is no way he can go to Saudi 

If they can afford the obscene amounts of money on wages, they can certainly afford £15-20m on a transfer fee.

Just now, duke313 said:

What if he doesn't want to leave his family or move them to Saudi Arabia? He seems quite settled here.

I'm sure I read that he's just signed his kids up for the same school as Emi 1 has for his kids.

They don't actually pay transfer fees thou do they. And him going on loan means he'll only be paid that paltry £150k/w or whatever we are paying him.

Take the L on the transfer fee and get him off our books feels OK to me. Great if they want to pay a fee but not counting on it. 

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

What if he doesn't want to leave his family or move them to Saudi Arabia? He seems quite settled here.

Well let's hope Stevie can convince him.

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Well let's hope Stevie can convince him.

I think Coutinho will have realised Stevie's managerial credentials aren't up to much, I'd be surprised if he followed him to Saudi Arabia.  Probably be better for him and his family if he is going to go to move to MLS, maybe he can join Messi at Inter Miami.  

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I think Coutinho will have realised Stevie's managerial credentials aren't up to much, I'd be surprised if he followed him to Saudi Arabia.  Probably be better for him and his family if he is going to go to move to MLS, maybe he can join Messi at Inter Miami.  

Is Las Vegas Villains still happening?

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Is Las Vegas Villains still happening?

Not anytime soon. San Diego's bid got the expansion team slot. That brings the MLS up to 30 teams now. I recall that the current commissioner wanted to get to, and stop at, 32, but they're in no rush to.

It's something our ownership can revisit down the road.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, duke313 said:

You'd be surprised how quickly money can change people's minds.

16 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I think Coutinho will have realised Stevie's managerial credentials aren't up to much, I'd be surprised if he followed him to Saudi Arabia. 

I don't think a decision to go and play football in Saudi Arabia is based on managerial know how. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Could be a 2 year loan deal. I'm worried if the Saudi clubs start paying transfer fees. They'll spend 100m on a Newcastle player and ruin any idea of FFP

I think the Saudis have bigger ideas than Newcastle actually now. I think they want to throw real money at making their league a real thing. Of course they’ve got enough money to do that and also bankroll Newcastle…

28 minutes ago, sne said:

They don't actually pay transfer fees thou do they. And him going on loan means he'll only be paid that paltry £150k/w or whatever we are paying him.

Plenty of loan deals involve extra payment of wages to convince the player to take it actually. It’s a big part of the negotiation and a fascinating one if the loaning club is telling the parent club “we can’t afford an extra £500,000 on the loan fee” but offer the player an extra £10,000 per week to convince them to come - so the parent club doesn’t always even get to know. Football is a simple but complicated business.

Also I am sure they will start paying transfer fees at some point if this is moving from a gimmicky couple of players to trying to sign big names for every team (which seems like it might be in the works).

9 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I don't think a decision to go and play football in Saudi Arabia is based on managerial know how. 

Countino has been tarred with the same brush as Gerrard for his time here, if Phil has any sense, he'll steer clear of Slippy for the rest of his career.

• Like 1

Â