Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

13 minutes ago, villa89 said:

A non-alcoholic Ross McCormack.

You've left it late but thats the most incorrect post of the year, sir. 

• Like 2

The media are pure scum, making up stories. Its the same with Martinez as well. 

They hate any team that isn't part of the established elite. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

not sure why the world hasn't grasped that the internet will say anything about anyone if it gets clicks and traffic, print enough garbage and one of those pieces of crap will match the 'actual facts'.

Opinion isn't fact.

Things that make you feel good or amplify/massage your own prejudices, beliefs, emotions, gut reactions, whims, also don't make any of those things anymore justified. The internet can reflect everything you want it to, just don't let facts or balanced thought get in the way.

Now over to Tom with the weather

We do get your point, you express it on multiple threads and at every opportunity.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

Let's see him put his word into actions, I would still rather the rumours were true. However whilst he is a Villa player he has my support, but he needs to show something on the the pitch to justify the huge amount of money invested in him.

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Disappointing is the word I'd use. It would have been great to ship him off to Brazil in January. Now it seems he's here until he's paid off. A non-alcoholic Ross McCormack.

I have been vocal in my wish to get him off our books but comparing him to Ross McCormack in any way is ridiculous.

4 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Let's see him put his word into actions, I would still rather the rumours were true. However whilst he is a Villa player he has my support, but he needs to show something on the the pitch to justify the huge amount of money invested in him.

You’d swear it was your money. It was a circus under Gerrard. Phil’s good performances when he came in was in spite of Gerrard not because of him. If Emery can’t get a tune out of him then fair enough but he’s fit now so let’s see how it goes. 

5 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

You’d swear it was your money. It was a circus under Gerrard. Phil’s good performances when he came in was in spite of Gerrard not because of him. If Emery can’t get a tune out of him then fair enough but he’s fit now so let’s see how it goes. 

Apart from your opening shot, I totally agree and want just as much as anyone for him to succeed.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

10 hours ago, villa89 said:

Disappointing is the word I'd use. It would have been great to ship him off to Brazil in January. Now it seems he's here until he's paid off. A non-alcoholic Ross McCormack.

crazy post. When has Coutinho ever been anything other than professional in his time with us? 

2 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

crazy post. When has Coutinho ever been anything other than professional in his time with us? 

Almost all his games.

Never seen a Villa player show less effort since Barkley.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 05/01/2022 at 16:11, villa4europe said:

said in the transfer thread not for me personally, i would seriously question what frame of mind he would be in dropping down to us

i dont like the loan either, maybe we can throw a clause in and make it an extended trial but i dont think there will be much of a deal to be done, he'd be more than the £20m touted and we wouldnt be picking up half of his barca wages thats for sure, i struggle to him doing well and being a villa player next season or even being good enough to mean that we finish say 4 or 5 places higher

i agree with villalad, we could get anything including disagreeing with pieface he could be as bad as those 2!

in the other thread i likened him to eden hazard, would you take him or would you say he's finished and he'd rinse us for money? because thats how i feel about coutinho 

He's what I thought he would be all along... At least we got him cheap though

Head ain't there, was never going to be, his career has taken too big a nose dive for him to be 100% in it anymore

And that's completely normal and understandable, you could see it coming

Still feel dirty for agreeing with the Leeds wind up merchant though

16 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Contradicting his own breaking story of the transfer request. He's an imbecile.

Is the BM (Barry Manilow and Birmingham Mail) on the speculation blacklist?

got a link? i ask because the brum mail don't tend to 'break' stories as they never get the exclusives

and regarding the personal insult, the guy is just doing his job. if some brazilian media speculate on a transfer, he's within his rights to write an article. because it's his job

edit: i found this one, which immediately cited GOAL as their source. oh, and it wasn't written by Preece either

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/philippe-coutinho-makes-aston-villa-25852065

According to GOAL, Corinthians now have 'high hopes' that Coutinho will join them next month as the player's agent Kia Joorabchian brokers talks between Villa and the Brazilian club.

Edited by tomav84
  • Like 1

Â