Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

37 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Without him, we're worse than nothing. Our only real quality attacking player. If only we could take advantage of the chances he creates.

Yeah one occasion first half when he received the ball on halfway line with 2 Spurs players around him and he just spun away from them no problem.

Looked up, saw Ings in loads of space, gave him the ball and then as ever Ings couldn't decide what to do and just ran into a defender and the move fizzled out.

That's the issue. If we had a Benteke 2013 forward on our books then you'd really see the best of him but Ollie and Ings are both mediocre at anticipating through balls so too many moves amount to little.

As said above Ramsey seems the only one capable of playing decent 1-2s with him around edge of the box.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Khizzy said:

Why would you stay at a shit side like us that are going nowhere soon? If we lose five in a row he might decide not to bother staying. 

Needs his head tested if he signs, these pathetic capitulations will push him closer to the exit door, and then what's Steve going to do.

44 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Sign Ryan Kent?

Coutinho out Kent in would be so Villa.

And a perfect example of why we might aswell just stop having any illusions of top six, top eight or even top ten.

Hopefully signing Kent instead of Coutinho will never happen.

• Like 1

im trying to console myself, wrongly or rightly, that it wont matter what we do this season as long as he is settled and happy, as "hopefully" Gerrard will utter the words "Couts my man, we have 200m to spend this summer, 33m of it is you, i am gonna bring in some top players this summer to play with you, stay here and we will build the team around you".

Thats what im hoping anyways......

(note: 200m to spend is based on 100-150m to spend, then 50-100m in sales....making 200m in the kitty somehow.......im my imaginary world....)

Just now, Kingman said:

All depends if his mate is still in charge 

Even if he is, I think he’ll go. We’re capitulating this season and likely to finish around 12th/13th. I don’t think playing in Europe is the be all and end all for PC, but he won’t want to be part of this squad and those kind of displays. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, villan501 said:

Needs his head tested if he signs, these pathetic capitulations will push him closer to the exit door, and then what's Steve going to do.

Blame the board for not signing him - when we start next season poorly ?

Talent levels are a class above but he was puffing out of his arse after 55 minutes. If we want to press hard, he’s not the man for that job. Of course he’s a world class talent and very much one of the best talents we’ve got to witness in claret and blue, but if Stevie G wants to stick with this style of play of pressing and running all game, Coutinho isn’t the right man. 

Meanwhile we have £40m Emi Buendia sitting on the bench willing to run his arse off. Coutinho definitely ran the show the first half but he’s another player that doesn’t suit this style that SG wants to play.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, abdomlahor said:

infinitely better in the middle behind two strikers. 

That's why we need to go big on a striker...Coutinho is making intelligent movements and passes and our players aren't on the same planet let alone the same pitch.

Rumours suggest we are swapping Ings for Bissouma.

I don't know who we might be in for but we need a clinical finisher, I thought Ings was that player but he missed three or four chances against Spurs and I think his legs have gone!

The only one I can think of is Abraham.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

That's why we need to go big on a striker...Coutinho is making intelligent movements and passes and our players aren't on the same planet let alone the same pitch.

I don't know who we might be in for but we need a clinical finisher, I thought Ings was that player but he missed three or four chances against Spurs and I think his legs have gone!

The only one I can think of is Abraham.

I’m not certain we’ll get Bissouma anymore, we are below Brighton in the league currently.  He’ll have plenty of suitors above us.

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

I’m not certain we’ll get Bissouma anymore, we are below Brighton in the league currently.  He’ll have plenty of suitors above us.

Yeah it's possible, I'm not even sure I rate him. But Gerrard knows more than me so I trust him.

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Are they actually? Because I just mentioned that as a throwaway comment on here recently with no substance to it beyond me thinking it would make sense for both parties

Â