Ratings & Reactions: Brentford v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/01/22 at 23:59

38 minutes ago, TRO said:

The speed and ferocity that we surrender the initiative is alarming....we was in complete control after going ahead and completely squandered the impetus...doing all the things we have become infamous for, like giving the ball away cheaply.

We need some character, in this team, a general to pull the strings.

Think we really missed Mings’s leadership today and SJM had little influence on the game. We don’t have that many leaders in the squad and the ones we do have were missing.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

If we are going to invest heavily in the summer we will need to shift some players on. We are very heavy in numbers and just can't keep adding to it. AEG, Trez and Hause should be definite exits. Traore, Targett, Sanson and Mings; we should listen to suitable offers and get upgrades on anyone that leaves

Absolutely. Agree on Trez, AEG and Hause. Don't agree with Mings but we need better competition for him and Konsa. Really not sure what to do with Sanson and Traore, they're probably ok as squad options, Targett could be moved on if we can get back what we paid for him. 

I also am starting to doubt Luiz even though I like him as a footballer and given he hasn't signed a new deal I wouldn't be too sad to see him go in the summer if we got in someone better. Still not sure on Ings but having him and Watkins in the same squad has troubled us all season. If only we'd brought in Alvarez who can play right across the front.

We need three players to come in to improve our first 11 if we want to push for European football next season and they really have to be good:

• Defensive midfielder/central midfielder
  • Left back
  • Left winger

We've got so many attacking options in the squad but cannot seem to get them to gel. We also have too many right sided players.

West Ham are the perfect example of a club who have recruited really well under Moyes and built a team rather than a set of individuals which seems to be what we have done.

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Also, our ability to draw games is non-existant.

If we'd just drawn four of five of the 11 we've **** up we'd be nicely top eight.

As it is, we are going to be well down the table. Lost way too many times.

Even with 11 losses we’re only 3 points off being back in 9th?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Absolutely. Agree on Trez, AEG and Hause. Don't agree with Mings but we need better competition for him and Konsa. Really not sure what to do with Sanson and Traore, they're probably ok as squad options, Targett could be moved on if we can get back what we paid for him. 

I also am starting to doubt Luiz even though I like him as a footballer and given he hasn't signed a new deal I wouldn't be too sad to see him go in the summer if we got in someone better. Still not sure on Ings but having him and Watkins in the same squad has troubled us all season. If only we'd brought in Alvarez who can play right across the front.

We need three players to come in to improve our first 11 if we want to push for European football next season and they really have to be good:

• Defensive midfielder/central midfielder
  • Left back
  • Left winger

We've got so many attacking options in the squad but cannot seem to get them to gel. We also have too many right sided players.

West Ham are the perfect example of a club who have recruited really well under Moyes and built a team rather than a set of individuals which seems to be what we have done.

I like Sanson, Traore and Mings but I think if we got suitable offers it would be better for Villa to take the cash and upgrade. Traore is such skilful player but I don't think he is a great player for a team and doesn't really suit Villa imo. He doesn't get enough game time either and as such is not match fit and makes silly passing erors. Sanson just hasn't worked out here and if we got a bid I wouldn't miss him. I know Mings is the controversial one but I think we would get most money for him this year, he will only go down in value from now on and for all his good points I want a CB that is less error prone. 

I too like Luiz and have my doubts about him. I would like to see him play a half a season in front of a good strong DM. I think he could be a very good player in that setup

Struggling with the "tinpot" comments:

Given us  £40M over past few years for players.

"Headhunted" our Manager.

"Regulation" home win for us v you now. 🙂
4 on the trot now.😀
Haven't lost to you in the league home or away since 1947 😄

Above you in the table

Edited by Badgerbee

1 minute ago, Badgerbee said:

Struggling with the "tinpot" comments:

Given us  £40M over past few years for players.

"Headhunted" our Manager.

"Regulation" home win for us v you now. 🙂
4 on the trot now.😀
Haven't lost to you in the league home or away since 1947 😄

If u think that was a good performance by your team I would be worried. Yes, you won the game but you needed a big helping hand from Villa and looked quite poor to be honest. You were fortunate u got an even worse performance from Villa's defence. 

And yes, we have given u 40m for Konsa and Ollie and if we were to sell both of them in this window we would get a lot more than 40m, so thanks for selling us players on the cheap. But I guess it is difficult for small clubs to be able to hold on to players when the big boys come calling.

2 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

This is a bit of an odd post. You won a game of football with a performance that would have seen you well beaten 9 times out of 10. You’re celebrating losing your better players and your manager.

Yes you seem to have some weird hold over us which means we can never beat you but again you’re celebrating not even playing villa for almost 70 years. You seem to be competing for the “finishing above Villa” trophy that the likes of Leeds have won in recent years.

All of this and you’re still questioning the “tinpot” comments? 

Its funny when an opposing fan comes on after beating us to try and rub our noses in it and ends up looking like a complete tool and endorses the tinpot tag 

31 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Last 5 years net spend 

Villa ... 199 mill

Liverpool 153 mill 

Brentford net SPEND on players over the last 5 years £40 mill, It just shows that throwing money at it doesn't always bring success, unless you spend £800 mill like Pep has at Man City since he's been there.m

Very poor game from both teams today, But we do have a habit of grinding out results like this when we go behind, I think Gerrard got it wrong for you today, But a valuable 3 points keeps the bottom three away from us, Hopefully we can play better when we get back to a full fit squad. 

15 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

If u think that was a good performance by your team I would be worried. Yes, you won the game but you needed a big helping hand from Villa and looked quite poor to be honest. You were fortunate u got an even worse performance from Villa's defence. 

And yes, we have given u 40m for Konsa and Ollie and if we were to sell both of them in this window we would get a lot more than 40m, so thanks for selling us players on the cheap. But I guess it is difficult for small clubs to be able to hold on to players when the big boys come calling.

Didn't say it was a "Good performance". You probably deserved a point, if not all 3. Like we did at home to Chelsea earlier in the season. Shit happens.

Just don't like fans being condescending about my team.

• Like 1

Â