Midweek Football 27/29 December

andykeenan

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nah I don't for a minute buy that " Man U have average/shit players " etc.

It's just another one of those situations where something is rotten at the club.

Similarly to the likes of Arsenal, they'll eventually come good again. It will probably take the Glazers pissing off first though.

I still don't understand why Saudi didn't just spend the 1 billion or whatever it would cost to get the likes of a Manchester United with quicker prospects of success and commercial exposure.

All clubs go through phases of transition , decline, rebuilding etc etc.

Their entire defence and keeper, aside maybe Shaw is average (Varane is in decline). Fred and McTominay are average. They have attacking talent. Most importantly there’s a poor attitude throughout where they seem to think they’re better than they are and they start to blame the refs, blame each other and walk around expecting someone else to pick up the slack. Some average players and bad team chemistry.

United are so unbalanced - they have a squad of twenty five players, about fourteen of whom are forwards and even amongst those forwards they're a mismatch of styles.

You either play the high press short passing game that City do, the one that really suits Fernandes or  you play the deep lying breakaway game that suits Rashford, Greenwood and Ronaldo - what you don't do is play all of them and hope it'll somehow work out. 

They're a mess.

I hope the manager turns out to be a half mental fraud, I'm quite enjoying it.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I still don't understand why Saudi didn't just spend the 1 billion or whatever it would cost to get the likes of a Manchester United with quicker prospects of success and commercial exposure.

I think they’re ‘worth’ $3 Billion, and the Glazers have already said they have no intention of selling even at that price.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

I think they’re ‘worth’ $3 Billion, and the Glazers have already said they have no intention of selling even at that price.

You can roughly calculate it based on the share price and % of the club that are in shares 

Can't find the exact figures but it's 10% of the club sold as 43m shares, those shares are now worth about £10 each so bad maths would say roughly £4.3bn 

• Thanks 2

Â