V Sport Investments Ltd - More Villa Clubs around the world?

MotoMkali

6 hours ago, MNVillan said:

St Louis already has an MLS club. St Louis City, new to MLS this season

Sorry I meant San Diego. And obviously some others in the mix as well. I do think it’ll be Vegas though.

Aston Villa is excited to confirm a partnership with Egyptian club ZED FC.

The agreement, which was announced in Cairo, provides an historic and ground-breaking collaboration which will see both clubs, alongside Vitória Sport Clube, work together to help develop young talent.

Villa aim to create new and positive opportunities for young footballers in Egypt and will assist in the technical and physical development of Academy players, coaching methods and scouting networks.

The strong connection, which further expands the club’s global approach, will help encourage performance levels, while also creating a pathway for players to further develop.

Chairman Nassef Sawiris said: “I am very proud to be part of the announcement for the three-way collaboration between ZED’s Academy, Vitória Sport Clube and Aston Villa.

“This three-way partnership should benefit all three parties and create a clear roadmap for talented young Egyptian players to integrate into the global sports system.”

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2023/april/03/aston-villa-confirm-zed-fc-partnership/

• Like 3

Looks like Vitoria are getting involved within this partnership as well, which is pretty much expected but still interesting.

Given how highly rated the ZED FC academy appears to be (winning a "Best Academy in Africa" award), this move can only be a good thing. Notably, ZED FC already have a similar partnership with Dortmund: wonder what the implications of this deal have on that.

• Like 1

Bit more info from a press release (in Arabic) here: https://www.filgoal.com/articles/460050

According to the partnership agreement, the Aston Villa club will provide coexistence for ZED FC coaches in England, and will also provide them with lectures and courses on the latest training plans to select talents, develop their level while ensuring that players continue to commit to study, and learn foreign languages, especially English. In addition, experts will be appointed in all key areas of applying the "Aston Villa" methodology in the management, operation and maintenance of ZED Club facilities.

Vitória Guimaraes will also participate in the partnership between ZED FC and Aston Villa, by providing the opportunity for ZED's players to move to the Portuguese club to get used to the atmosphere of playing in Europe, and to develop their technical skills and physical capabilities as players before joining Aston Villa. The aim is to increase the chances of success for Egyptian players in the Premier League.

The "Aston Villa methodology" kinda reminds me of the Villa Engine, although I guess nowadays it wouldn't have the build quality of a Tesla. (i know, Teslas use motors..)

Edited by wishywashy

1 hour ago, wishywashy said:

Notably, ZED FC already have a similar partnership with Dortmund: wonder what the implications of this deal have on that.

This ZED partnership was mentioned a while ago and thought it was already active. But judging by today's announcement it might be that the dortmund deal had to expire before they could officially announce it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â