Midweek Football 29/30 November/1/2 December

andykeenan

Just now, Davkaus said:

If you're Smith, how do you let that shit continue at half time? Are the players really that bad that they can't make a man advantage for 80+ minutes count? 

Nothing to do with Smith and his management, but I think so

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Fair enough

Given the game at what point would you have said would’ve been ok? They were easily going to score 10 even if they stayed in 1st gear given how bad Latvia were…surely after that you may as well go for it.  This was never going to be only 4-0 or 5-0.

Honestly, right down to kids level at under 10s I've seen it drilled in to players to not take the piss, and they rotate and take it easy when it's clear it's a whitewash. When it gets to 6 or 7 I'd consider it common decency to chill out and not keep thrashing it like England did.

I blame FIFA for letting this farce unfold more than the players, though.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

If you're Smith, how do you let that shit continue at half time? Are the players really that bad that they can't make a man advantage for 80+ minutes count? 

i mean, do you not remember how bad Villa were when the opposition went down to 10 men?, it was a running joke that we used to beg for opposition players not to be sent off....

• Haha 1

Newcastle really need to win the next game against Burnley now. Looked poor but obviously losing a man so early didn’t help.

Norwich, dear me. Ponderous football, almost sleepwalking stuff.

Two very poor sides on show this evening.

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think that requires a plan B, I am not sure he knows what a plan B is

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

I assume Newcastle will try and buy their way to survival in Jan. I am looking forward to seeing the ageing, overpaid journeymen they bring in. I am sure they will love the Championship

I just want to see their wage bill. Doubt they'll be able to attract many top players to fight a relegation battle without insane wage offers. 

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

I assume Newcastle will try and buy their way to survival in Jan. I am looking forward to seeing the ageing, overpaid journeymen they bring in. I am sure they will love the Championship

Will be the funniest relegation in football history. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

Newcastle really need to win the next game against Burnley now. Looked poor but obviously losing a man so early didn’t help.

Norwich, dear me. Ponderous football, almost sleepwalking stuff.

Two very poor sides on show this evening.

I can't see Burnley losing to Newcastle, they are way to savvy for that. I expect 3 points to the Claret & Blue team

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Yes I think so

No urgency in them both in movement and speed of passing

Sounds like he's still here... He's not coaching or telling Billy Gilmour to take a touch, look right, see his wide open full back, take a touch, look for a better pass to the statues in front of him, take a touch, look left, take a touch, look right again before making the 10 yard pass that was blindingly obvious in the first place but now isn't as open as it was before 

You can say that he controls the lines and committing the fullbacks forward or even the game plan of playing 10 yard passes rather than going direct and long but what was killing them was the speed of pass and that's not him that's the players 

• Like 1

Â