Weekends Football 26/28 November

andykeenan

Everton have recruited so poorly and wasted so Much over the years, squad already ageing  and the players under 28 lack quality,  we’ve spent big but at least we’ve built an academy, Everton have gambled on getting into Europe and now with the new stadium being built ran out fo money, I’d be worried if I was a Everton fan 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Wow they've had to stop the Leicester game 15 minutes into the half to sweep clear the lines, surely that's a sign it's time to abandon, it's not slowing down

Used to play in a lot worse years ago 

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Wow they've had to stop the Leicester game 15 minutes into the half to sweep clear the lines, surely that's a sign it's time to abandon, it's not slowing down

Playing with a white ball too it seems (from my TV anyway)

7 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Everton have recruited so poorly and wasted so Much over the years, squad already ageing  and the players under 28 lack quality,  we’ve spent big but at least we’ve built an academy, Everton have gambled on getting into Europe and now with the new stadium being built ran out fo money, I’d be worried if I was a Everton fan 

Yeah their team looks so uninspiring currently albeit they're missing their two main attackers yet again,

Their fixture list up to new year is brutal so think they're going to be in bottom 6 for quite a while.

With who they have in charge they're basically having our McLeish season a decade on. Interesting when it all kicks off at Goodison like it did in that Bolton game, think they've got Liverpool in the next week.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JPJCB said:

It was the same with that “wonder” save against Leicester as well. If you actually look at the position of the ball, it’s not in the far corner. But ramsdale’s leap makes it look like a phenomenal save.

It’s a combination of bad positioning plus good athleticism which makes him look like a worldie. The best keepers in the league (emi, alisson, ederson) get the job done with far less fuss cause their initial positioning is much better

Yes, that's a fair point. Ramsdale puts in a few good performances and suddenly it's not a desperate Arsenal overpaying, but England's new #1 blah blah blah. Emi is still far superior.

Carrick has actually picked a grown up Man Utd side with three actual midfielders - fair play to him.

It's unfortunate that it's against Chelsea so when they get hammered it'll be written off as a bad experiment, but at least he's had the balls to pick a proper side.

16 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah their team looks so uninspiring currently albeit they're missing their two main attackers yet again,

Their fixture list up to new year is brutal so think they're going to be in bottom 6 for quite a while.

With who they have in charge they're basically having our McLeish season a decade on. Interesting when it all kicks off at Goodison like it did in that Bolton game, think they've got Liverpool in the next week.

Honestly if Calvert-lewin had played today he would have scored an hatrick. 

26 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

They've put all their eggs in the new stadium basket, it won't make them a better football team 

Rich ambitious owners means absolutely nothing anymore 

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Carrick has actually picked a grown up Man Utd side with three actual midfielders - fair play to him.

It's unfortunate that it's against Chelsea so when they get hammered it'll be written off as a bad experiment, but at least he's had the balls to pick a proper side.

Chelsea starting 11 dosen't actually look that amazing, Loftus Cheek starting in midfield for example.

Some bench though....Mount, Lukaku, Pulisic and Havertz all on it.

Â