Weekends Football 26/28 November

andykeenan

20 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah their team looks so uninspiring currently albeit they're missing their two main attackers yet again,

Their fixture list up to new year is brutal so think they're going to be in bottom 6 for quite a while.

With who they have in charge they're basically having our McLeish season a decade on. Interesting when it all kicks off at Goodison like it did in that Bolton game, think they've got Liverpool in the next week.

With Rafa they've gone for a safe pair of hands whilst they are lumbered with an ageing squad on big contracts. Do enough to survive or get mid-table and wait for the stadium to bring in the funds. They've got no identity or style or cohesion. It's a shame because they are a grand old club, but it just shows throwing money around will amount to anything of note.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Fair play to Carrick.

Absolutely the right decision to bench Ronaldo in big games where they are expected to be dominated.

Not about Ronaldo particularly for me, but about being brave enough to pick three in the middle rather than four of the massive names up front. 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

How many of that Man United first 11 walk into the Villa first 11? It's nowhere near as many as I might have expected. They're carrying some right shit, that isn't an elite squad.

Maybe 4??

Wan Bissaka is great defensively, rashford, sancho, Fernandes but even then I'd take an inform Watkins over rashford as a number 9

None of the central midfield or central defence though which is mad, our spine is better 

I think that United side is absolutely awful.

Matic, Mctominay and Fred is a bottom half midfield, and that’s being kind. Their most dangerous player on the bench also, think Chelsea will be delighted with that 11.

Also is Fernandes out wide? Not a fan at all.

Edited by penguin

30 minutes ago, penguin said:

Matic, Mctominay and Fred is a bottom half midfield, and that’s being kind.

And the biggest problem they've got is that it's pretty much all they have in there. 

Pogba has given up on United and is really a number ten, Fernandes isn't really a midfielder, he's the Firmino in this team, Mata maybe, but he's also a ten and then Van Der Beek who plays best as, well a ten - beyond that there's maybe erm...Phil Jones as a holding midfielder?

They've got fourteen world class forwards in front of a rubbish midfield and a so-so back four - they seem to think this means a world class squad.

Just now, Davkaus said:

Fred's continued inclusion in a team that claims to aspire to compete to trophies is one of the most baffling things I've seen, what an absolutely dreadful footballer.

Totally. It baffles me that he continues to get starts, considering how often he puts in poor performances. I don't really see what he offers United or any team for that matter. 

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

Totally. It baffles me that he continues to get starts, considering how often he puts in poor performances. I don't really see what he offers United or any team for that matter. 

He’s still their best defensive midfielder 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, penguin said:

Matic, Mctominay and Fred is a bottom half midfield, and that’s being kind. Their most dangerous player on the bench also, think Chelsea will be delighted with that 11.

Also is Fernandes out wide? Not a fan at all.

Fernandes down the middle - it's very much the Liverpool thing with Sancho and Rashford playing the Salah/Mane roles and Fernandes being Firmino/Jota.

• Thanks 1

Â