Weekends Football 26/28 November

andykeenan

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Is one of the keepers playing outfield or have they actually got two in the goal (always wanted to see that tactic!) Might stick a quick bet on Barca match and watch second half on Bet365.

Always suspected that Alex Bruce used this forum 

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Is one of the keepers playing outfield or have they actually got two in the goal (always wanted to see that tactic!) Might stick a quick bet on Barca match and watch second half on Bet365.

The ultimate Steve Bruce tactic

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I think there's a difference between good football and exciting football, though. I reckon one day Potter could end up rocking up at a club like City and play the way they do, and win things. His teams play a similar style, just on a much more restricted budget. I think it's bloody tedious the way City play, but it wins things.

I am a billion percent sure Brighton is Potter level. He has had money to spend too so its not like he is overachieving

If his name was more foreign like Marco Silva he be slaughtered by the media

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

That ramsdale save on to the bar looks spectacular... But it's not in the corner or anything, can't quite work out what ramsdale has done, if he's made a mess with his feet or his hands and then made it look like something it's not, thrown a pike and twist in to his jump

Martinez catches it 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

I am a billion percent sure Brighton is Potter level. He has had money to spend too so its not like he is overachieving

If his name was more foreign like Marco Silva he be slaughtered by the media

Nah, that’s bollocks. They play good football just lack a proper threat up top. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

It was the same with that “wonder” save against Leicester as well. If you actually look at the position of the ball, it’s not in the far corner. But ramsdale’s leap makes it look like a phenomenal save.

It’s a combination of bad positioning plus good athleticism which makes him look like a worldie. The best keepers in the league (emi, alisson, ederson) get the job done with far less fuss cause their initial positioning is much better

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

It was the same with that “wonder” save against Leicester as well. If you actually look at the position of the ball, it’s not in the far corner. But ramsdale’s leap makes it look like a phenomenal save.

It’s a combination of bad positioning plus good athleticism which makes him look like a worldie. The best keepers in the league (emi, alisson, ederson) get the job done with far less fuss cause their initial positioning is much better

Like the old Swedish national keeper Thomas Ravelli used to say. " If you have to dive for the ball your positioning is wrong"

• Like 2

Burnley vs Spurs off - that should bring Spurs a difficulty in terms of fixtures, but it looks like they might be sorting that themselves by dropping out of the Europa Conference at the group stage.

Looking at today's games, it's hard to see anything other than a Chelsea win against Utd and Man City vs West Ham hopefully gets a bit physical (take a bit off em please Mr Moyes).

The interesting one for me though is Leicester against Watford - if Watford win that one, it'll really put the cat amongst the pigeons at Leicester - is the golden era over?

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Burnley vs Spurs off - that should bring Spurs a difficulty in terms of fixtures, but it looks like they might be sorting that themselves by dropping out of the Europa Conference at the group stage.

Looking at today's games, it's hard to see anything other than a Chelsea win against Utd and Man City vs West Ham hopefully gets a bit physical (take a bit off em please Mr Moyes).

The interesting one for me though is Leicester against Watford - if Watford win that one, it'll really put the cat amongst the pigeons at Leicester - is the golden era over?

You have to admire Dyche at times.

• Like 2

Shame to see Sean Dyche’s heroic effort of trying to convince the ref to allow todays game to go ahead at Burnley fail. His appearance in just a white shirt and no overcoat in a blizzard, is just what you would expect of him.

I am sure those southern Jessie’s were desperate for a postponement.

Top man, a dead hard bloke!😂

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lochheads twin said:

Shame to see Sean Dyche’s heroic effort of trying to convince the ref to allow todays game to go ahead at Burnley fail. His appearance in just a white shirt and no overcoat in a blizzard, is just what you would expect of him.

I am sure those southern Jessie’s were desperate for a postponement.

Top man, a dead hard bloke!😂

Edit, contains foul language

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I this its Ranieri first Leicester return as well. Be interesting 

• Like 1

Â