Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 hour ago, IrishVilla10 said:

One big moment. How about you start again, realise that what you’ve been trying to do for 11 months isn’t working and show an ounce of tactical capability. We’re now going into a run of 5 very tough fixtures and one big moment isn’t going to make the difference. Jesus wept 

He relies on big moments because he's unable to set up a team to create enough chances in a game to not need to rely on 1 moment of magic from 1 player.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

It's as favorable as it can be in this league. 

As opposed to, say, Arsenal, City, Liverpool, Spurs. 

Our big issue now though is regardless of who plays us everyone knows how to play against us

Edited by IrishVilla10

LADS only way to solve this problem, might request a forum actually so everyone is aware. 

‘GERRARD OUT❗️ ‘ banners need to come out in full force on Sunday as it appears the fans are not being heard and purslow is telling the owners that we’ve been  ‘unlucky’ which we know to be absolute nonsense… so lets get these out so they cannot ignore us, cant express this enough

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rolta said:

'We are one moment away from being in a healthier position.'

We only got a draw in the last game against the bottom team because our left back nailed a one in fifty shot—that was the moment of magic.

It's just all nonesense now isn't it.

I honestly thought we'd left this style of management in the past when we sacked Steve Bruce. I can't believe we're going through the exact same thing here. This is the result of nepotism. No way a 42 year old coach without a concrete philosophy and playing style should be hired by a supposedly ambitious PL club. Defaulting to moments of magic, is this 2002 or 2022? FFS man.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steven-gerrard-responds-aston-villa-25264321

"Some days you’ve got to roll your sleeves up more, you’ve got to dig in, you’ve got to front stuff up, you’ve got to accept the bad days, the criticism and frustration from outside.“ 

Oh my. 

Exactly what Bruce used to say 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rolta said:

'We are one moment away from being in a healthier position.'

We only got a draw in the last game against the bottom team because our left back nailed a one in fifty shot—that was the moment of magic.

It's just all nonesense now isn't it.

I'm one moment away from being worth 181,000,000 Euros. 

But I haven't even bought a ticket. 

• Like 2

Problem is that, when he was a player, he used to get shit from fans every other week. Especially after the infamous slipping incident.

He probably doesn’t give a shit that fans of the teams he manages boo him. Unless it was his beloved Liverpool.

I have a real fear that he’s here until at least the World Cup, even if we continue to be shit until then.

Hopefully NSWE take the decision out of Purslow’s hands ASAP. Can’t see Gerrard going any time soon if they don’t.

30 minutes ago, RicRic said:

LADS only way to solve this problem, might request a forum actually so everyone is aware. 

‘GERRARD OUT❗️ ‘ banners need to come out in full force on Sunday as it appears the fans are not being heard and purslow is telling the owners that we’ve been  ‘unlucky’ which we know to be absolute nonsense… so lets get these out so they cannot ignore us, cant express this enough

Agreed. It should have happened months ago. 

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

I want him gone too but I don't agree with this.

Would rather see us get behind the team for the 90 minutes and not create a toxic atmosphere for the players.

By all means boo him/chant Gerrard out at full time but I think our focus should be getting three points no matter who the manager is.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, dubliner said:

I want him gone too but I don't agree with this.

Would rather see us get behind the team for the 90 minutes and not create a toxic atmosphere for the players.

By all means boo him/chant Gerrard out at full time but I think our focus should be getting three points no matter who the manager is.

Mate a few banners wont hurt, its just to make the board aware … the players can still play their game and that way we dont need to be chanting 

Edited by RicRic

5 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Is it just me or have the press been getting at Gerrard more since his comment to Ashley Preece about Archer?

Just you, someone at the conference said the Archer comment was said very much in jest with no malice/aggression whatsoever.

5 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Is it just me or have the press been getting at Gerrard more since his comment to Ashley Preece about Archer?

Given it’s from Percy, I think this as close to the clubs vote of confidence as we could get.  Percy seems to be close to the club, I wouldn’t be surprised if this was leaked to him especially after reading the article.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IrishVilla10 said:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steven-gerrard-responds-aston-villa-25264321

"Some days you’ve got to roll your sleeves up more, you’ve got to dig in, you’ve got to front stuff up, you’ve got to accept the bad days, the criticism and frustration from outside.“ 

Oh my. 

From progressive attacking football to "roll your sleeves up",  and then inevitably "get stuck in", "run the channels", "make them work for it, "be brave in the air."

We've come full circle now. Just waiting for the return of the Matty Cash long throw-ins.

Edited by DJBOB
  • Like 2

Â