Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Great.  And if he beats Chelsea, then what? 

We go again

We ave another 5 or so games where we pick up around 1 point per game and end up finding us in the same situation once again. Only by then even more potential manager targets will be gone and even more of our players will have their confidence shot and their minds made up about getting away from here. The fans will be even more disillusioned and our prospects of getting good players in in January will be worse.

Miracles do happen of course, maybe it all clicks. Anyone holding their breath for that to happen will be long dead of asphyxiation by that time thou most likely.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s the favourite to be next manager to leave now. This morning it was Ralph. Somethings happening.

Based on this forum a lot of Villa fans have after yesterday’s match realised that he needs to go, and most likely some are putting in bets on it, driving down the odds.

19 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Rumours coming out he has the Chelsea game to save his job.

Can’t imagine any truth in that! I doubt they go game by game, and if they did it wouldn’t be against such a hard team as Chelsea.  If they were going to do that it would’ve been against Forest where he had a chance.

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s the favourite to be next manager to leave now. This morning it was Ralph. Somethings happening.

Yes, something has happened. Some people have put bets on. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yes, something has happened. Some people have put bets on. 

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Sadly, it's likely just the bookies reacting to an influx of bets.

12 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Based on this forum a lot of Villa fans have after yesterday’s match realised that he needs to go, and most likely some are putting in bets on it, driving down the odds.

Miserable gits ;)

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

You'd have been wrong if you said it for Dean Smith.

Bottom half of Championship to Premier League and 55 points. 

If in fact you did do it for him, you'd be one of the unlucky ones who couldn't enjoy our best period in 10 years and the best football in 20.

That was kinda my point. Which is why I give all managers a fair chance.

For the record DS brought some of my favourite years as a fan.

22 minutes ago, sne said:

We go again

We ave another 5 or so games where we pick up around 1 point per game and end up finding us in the same situation once again. Only by then even more potential manager targets will be gone and even more of our players will have their confidence shot and their minds made up about getting away from here. The fans will be even more disillusioned and our prospects of getting good players in in January will be worse.

Miracles do happen of course, maybe it all clicks. Anyone holding their breath for that to happen will be long dead of asphyxiation by that time thou most likely.

Exactly.

Precisely why I find it so strange that it blows a few peoples minds when some intimate they’d would rather we just lose and get rid of him sooner. There’s a huge potential for him to linger around like a bad smell and write off the whole season.

If losses against Leeds and Forest would have been the end of him who wouldn’t have taken it in hindsight? 2 points worse off but we lose the gangrenous limb and are much better off for it over the course of the season and beyond.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

So he’s still here then. And then Chelsea will smash us but he won’t be sacked because it “was against Chelsea” and so he stays with us until we are relegated. 

I am as disappointed as you, but I *think* this might be a bit of an overreaction.

Â