Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

21 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

I'm not particularly bothered if Gerrard stays or goes tbh, i get fed up of the constant changing every 12 months, but i don't blame Gerrard for Watkins 2 one on ones against Leeds, No

Ings wouldn't have been in that position because of his lack of pace, Archers ability at this level is unknown, Bailey blows hot and cold. That is our options. I find it hard to believe that Gerrard wasn't expecting at least 1 striker in the summer. After he gets them in, thats when i will judge him

What if he doesn’t? We didn’t get one in the summer so what if he doesn’t get one in January or next summer, do you not judge him next season either?  

Not easy to get better strikers and that’s if he wants one and we have the money that a good one would command.  Gerrard could go a number of seasons without being judged under this criteria.  Not bad for somebody whose supposed to be our upgrade manager and earns £100k per week.

11 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

PC at £17m is an absolute steal

Carlos, significantly improves the back 4, as does Kamara in midfield. The kind of midfielder that DS refused to acknowledge we needed.

Digne is a better player that Targett, granted some people may disagree, but in reality we paid £10m for him.

Dendonker and Chambers are good squad players.

The players that have come in under SG improve the team and squad.

Yet we are playing worse.  

Gerrard, great at recruitment, shocking at coaching!

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

Maybe he should take up a role as a Director of Football instead of a coach like a few have mentioned before

Works for Maldini, he leaves the coaching to someone who know what they are doing and it's working quite well at Milan.

• Like 3

Just now, duke313 said:

Works for Maldini, he leaves the coaching to someone who know what they are doing and it's working quite well at Milan.

That’s what I was thinking, good comparison. Gerrard talks a good game and I’d guess being involved in transfers and personnel will require you to be able to do exactly that. 

I don't care about results. I don't care about the table and I definitely don't care about a shots statistic. I care about being entertained, seeing some kind of a plan, xG and reflecting on our performance across 90 minutes. Unless there is some alternate thinking behind keeping him such as waiting for the right replacement or the right time to do it I just cannot see any reason to keep Gerrard and the rest of the coaching staff on board. It's clueless, pointless football and anyone with a set of eyes and half a brain can see it. At this point it's only working to damage the fans connection to the team as well as playing staff morale. Even opposition fans are seeing it now and they don't have to sit here and experience this aimless 'football' week in week out. Everyone can see it, I trust the leadership do too.

It's unacceptable. He has to go. He's been found out. We gambled, we lost and now we need to recuperate with the one positive we can take from this shit appointment - a really solid core of players, some of whom Gerrard luckily managed to attract before they realised his playing ability does not translate into managerial ability.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, osmark86 said:

Yeah but it's almost always inevitable. Next manager will be sacked at some point so I could just say right now that whoever it is it will not work out and I'd be right in the long term.

That being said Gerrard has been a disaster and any optimism some of us initially had has been for nought.

Maybe Zatman saw this, but maybe it was also just bias against the man ;)

You'd have been wrong if you said it for Dean Smith.

Bottom half of Championship to Premier League and 55 points. 

If in fact you did do it for him, you'd be one of the unlucky ones who couldn't enjoy our best period in 10 years and the best football in 20.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 2

I've an idea. 

We've currently got on the books one of the leagues top scoring strikers in recent years who is still only 30 years old. 

He's scored everywhere he's been. 

Why don't we stop making excuses about quality forwards and get in a manager who can get him playing? 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Has anyone decided not to go until Stevie goes? I've been to West Ham and Everton this season and am not going again until he's gone.

This has been the case for weeks already.

Fans are starting to vote with their feet.

Can you really blame them, being charged a kings ransom to watch the crap being put out.

Â