Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Heard from who, pray tell.

From my sauces
Only keeping him around for the Arsenal and Man City beatings. New Manager in for the Leicester game hopefully. 

Edited by messi11

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

From my sauces
Only keeping him around for the Arsenal and Man City beatings. New Manager in for the Leicester game hopefully. 

Pochettino?

Come on, spill the beans.

I think I've said it before but a good manager can make a team greater than the sum of its parts. Par for our squad, the investment and wage bill, suggests we should be in the top 10. I think MON was getting 6th with the wage bill to match.

Under Gerrard we have regressed and he's not shown enough to give anyone genuine confidence that he can arrest the slide, if anything it's the opposite and every single negative aspect of the club, or even perceived negatives, are now under a microscope.

If we had some solidity to fall back on and were harder to beat or even just unlucky in defeat more than occasionally (WHAM draw would've been fair for example) then I think he'd have more credit in the bank, but as it stands we've been too poor for too long.

Most of us are past the point of hoping for an improvement with him but again, if there were even the slightest green shoots of progress in terms of playing style or results we'd be feeling less uneasy. Not even happy, just slightly less negative.

Talk of more time sounds reasonable if you ignore the time he has had, and I wasn't even very negative during the break, but the way we have started this season has been absolutely diabolical. We've had a soft underbelly for some time but the way we play now exposes it more than ever...I thought with Gerrard the least we would get, even if not amazingly coached or well drilled, would be a steel and commitment to not lose and a determination to be competitive. It hasn't materialised and although I am fairly content with our deadline day signings, I don't think they will make the kind of difference we need.

Happy to be wrong but feel like we just need to be patient now as we fully derail before he's removed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, messi11 said:

From my sauces

Was it Ketchup? You won't get sense from ketchup about Gerrard, too much baggage there. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

He glosses over just how bad its been though. 

Also no analysis of how the team is playing or any reason to explain why carragher thinks Gerrard will come good. Basically just defending a mate who's totally out of his depth. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Was it Ketchup? You won't get sense from ketchup about Gerrard, too much baggage there. 

I have many sauces in the cupboard, all telling me Gerrard goes soon. They've never let me down.  

• Like 1

You know things are bad when you have to have your buddy write a fan piece in the papers proclaiming you are in fact doing a good job.

Does he mention "that night in Istanbul"?

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

He thinks Gerrard will go on to greater things after leaving Villa. No manager ever goes onto greater things after leaving Villa.

I really hope that Gerrard get the Liverpool job sometime in the future. Or is that too mean?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

It would be interesting be at training today, knowing more than a few don't care what you say. I'm mean Luiz, Sanson, Mings, Watkins just off the top of my head.... Who knows who else is just paying lip service to him.

Certainly no one believes he's turning this ship, not really....

wether they like manager or not its fans who pay to watch so play for fans

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I'm convinced they will. I genuinely think he might get till March next year unless we seriously get cut away from survival. 

Listen 😉

If things are as bad as some on here are making out, fractures in the dressing room, players hate him, want to leave, questioning his decisions etc... then the powers that be will be acutely aware of this and will take the necessary action and he won't be kept around for much longer unless there is a massive up turn in results and harmony is returned.

Even Purslow would not be able to gloss over an unhappy camp as the risks are too great. IF things are bad behind the scenes then I'm sure the players will be voicing their concerns to the decision makers.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

So Gerrard's media mates are saying that he is learning at Villa and we should expect ups and downs.

That's great, sadly the downs for us under Gerrard will be down to the Championship.

The reason Gerrard isn't learning from his mistakes is because he won't acknowledge that he has actually made any and consistently shifts the blame on to the players or unfortunate slices of luck.

Its the Boris Johnson approach. Never acknowledge any wrongdoing and tell everyone what an amazing job you're doing at every opportunity, anyone that tries to point out your horrendous record can get shouted down by your media mates for being fickle/project fear/fake news. 

Gerrard will never acknowledge he got anything wrong even if he takes us down, it'll be someone else's fault, the board, the fans, the players, and his media mates will come out and agree and tell us how hard done by he was. Main difference between football and politics is football has a lot of fairly independent news sources which are very popular so it's harder to keep the lie going for very long, but it's 100% what will happen.

The likes of Carragher will tout him for every top 6 job going as well once he leaves here, guaranteed 

I keep waiting and hoping for the headline "breaking news Steve Gerrard leaves Ason Villa by mutual consent".....nothing yet     bah !!!!

No doubt the next statement from the club will either be "Steve Bruce reappointed at Villa"

Or

"Brenden Rogers has been appointed as Villa's new manager"

20 minutes ago, jim said:

Listen 😉

If things are as bad as some on here are making out, fractures in the dressing room, players hate him, want to leave, questioning his decisions etc... then the powers that be will be acutely aware of this and will take the necessary action and he won't be kept around for much longer unless there is a massive up turn in results and harmony is returned.

Even Purslow would not be able to gloss over an unhappy camp as the risks are too great. IF things are bad behind the scenes then I'm sure the players will be voicing their concerns to the decision makers.

I never said things are a disaster behind the scenes. I think the players were playing for him against arsenal.

The stuff on the pitch is enough to warrant his removal 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

Â