Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

8 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Was he? Even if so, whoever interviewed him won't be too clued in tactically.

And I'm not surprised he won them over in the interview, he talks a good game to begin with. After a while, you realise he is just all talk...saying the same things over and over.

This. Used to love his pre and post match interviews. Came over so so well. Says all the right things. But i do not watch them any more. Havent since about March. Because its not backed up at all on the pitch. 

Got a bit cringworthy. Just shows how hard this league is to be successful in . You really have to be a tactical genius  , not talk like one

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, TRO said:

Not according to the Holte end on Sunday.

at least get your facts right.

Yes. I’m sure the fans were booing with approval. 

And I guess I should be clear. He has not lost all the fans. Just 96.5% of us. (Yes. I see it is only 257 votes. Just thought I would be a little snarky.)

image.thumb.png.9287f9666c88e2710ce81d010ff64e20.png

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

No, you just want to say things that are convenient to the narrative, of getting rid.......Lets get rid of him.....but lets be fair also in the criticism, thats my call.

What players did SG sign on the wages you suggest, that we can't shift, which ones out of favour, was his doing, sure its a job, he has to deal with.....at least have the temerity, to address the criticism, where it belongs.

SG has signed no one, we are ready to move on.....we have a bloated squad, not down to him.

You are entitled to your view, but be fair, with it.

Totally agree TRO. This thread has been dominated by the same posters just shouting for him to be sacked. It’s tedious to say the least. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Robbie09 said:

Totally agree TRO. This thread has been dominated by the same posters just shouting for him to be sacked. It’s tedious to say the least. 

You mean 96.5% of the forum?

8C1ECC2F-3E71-49BA-9118-EE2FC46C14C9.png

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

This. Used to love his pre and post match interviews. Came over so so well. Says all the right things. But i do not watch them any more. Havent since about March. Because its not backed up at all on the pitch. 

Got a bit cringworthy. Just shows how hard this league is to be successful in . You really have to be a tactical genius  , not talk like one

Saturday's post match interview was the first time I felt he seemed a little lost. He doesn't know how to fix this. Bravado, image, status etc is fine to bring players in, but it doesn't help in the "how do I make players better" element. He's ****, and he knows it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Lets face it. 32 league games in and i cannot remember many outstanding performances or wins 

The 4 nil against Southampton was their worst game of the season and we should have won by more .  Maybe the 3 nil against a Leeds team and crowd totally demorolised. Or the 3 1 against Burnley.

But other than that very very little . 

Just occasionally plucky halves of play where we were good but not good enough and ended up losing. Not whole games of good play. Just halves.

Even Graham Taylor back in 2003 gave us some good performances.  

Scary when the best three wins are Leeds, Southampton and Burnley.

I would have preferred Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea as per the other guy.

He led by example as a player, it's a completely different skill to explain and motivate players to win games. 

I don't think he's a long term manager for us but I may be wrong , we're one win away from salvation , for now.

Purslow will stick with him as it's both their reputations on the line , fingers crossed we get the win against Arsenal. The players need to show they want to play for him and they haven't yet.

Come on Gerrard , we're in injury time UTV .

6 minutes ago, tinker said:

He led by example as a player, it's a completely different skill to explain and motivate players to win games. 

I don't think he's a long term manager for us but I may be wrong , we're one win away from salvation , for now.

Purslow will stick with him as it's both their reputations on the line , fingers crossed we get the win against Arsenal. The players need to show they want to play for him and they haven't yet.

Mood Reaction GIF by CA in LA

5 minutes ago, tinker said:

This is such a shit place to be in, when a manager is doomed but the board is still waiting for the results to become bad enough to justify a sacking. A pointless, destructive wait.

It’s counter productive to sack him before the window is over as mad as it seems. Players won’t sign with no manager in charge, let him do his house visits and get some players over the line to fill the gaps and then **** him off

Edited by The Inspiration
Typo

Â