Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

It’s not even an issue of playing McGinn or Buendia or whoever. The main problem is that Gerrard is married to this system of his, a system that’s not working.

He doesn’t have the tactical knowledge to understand why it’s not working, and he doesn’t have a clue about how to change it. After all, he didn’t even invent it — Beale did.

What SG has contributed to Villa since he arrived is a number of news headlines. He’s also ruined the mood in the dressing room by the look of it.

He has to go asap. The next thing to think about should be Purslow’s next pick. I’m extremely worried about that. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DeepDish said:

Makes no sense sacking now before we have Arsenal and City coming up

Nah it makes the MOST sense now, and before the window closes.

Be in touch with a top Manager, have them analyse wtf has been going on, what we need sharpish and let them get to work asap.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sne said:

Possibly not the dressing room but I'd imagine he's lost at least Luiz, Mings, Sanson, Bailey and Buendia with the way he's handling them.

The positive is at least that anyone with any basic people skills could suddenly improve us by reintegrating them.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tumblerseven said:

we have no idea no plan no system. 11 players running arround trying to do individual things and win. i dont like this

This is my worry, also a new manager will take time to turn it around 

Â