Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

7 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Watching the last few matches, I think we do need some experienced players.

Agreed.

The point I was responding to was that we have a policy of signing players that will work increase in value. I was saying I don't think we have that policy any longer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

Confidence comes from winning not playing well and losing. Maybe individually you can but as a team collective losing valiantly 1-0 or 2-1 is pants

Confidence would drain eventually of course if it went on too long, but over the shorter term, if the nature of the losses is marginal and players can see and feel an overarching improvement in play combined with an exciting, fresh, modern training approach they believe in led by a young, ambitious manager at a highly ambitious club looking to progress, I think the players can stay upbeat and motivated. The results will then inevitably follow. UTV.

1 minute ago, GrassyNoel said:

Confidence would drain eventually of course if it went on too long, but over the shorter term, if the nature of the losses is marginal and players can see and feel an overarching improvement in play combined with an exciting, fresh, modern training approach they believe in led by a young, ambitious manager at a highly ambitious club looking to progress, I think the players can stay upbeat and motivated. The results will then inevitably follow. UTV.

Tell me about this fresh modern training approach ?  - I take it you've been to Bodymoor heath ?

4 minutes ago, GrassyNoel said:

You take it incorrectly.

Well if you say the players are benefiting from a fresh modern training approach - surely its a reasonable question to ask what the approach is ?  

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Well if you say the players are benefiting from a fresh modern training approach - surely its a reasonable question to ask what the approach is ?  

I've noticed people make all sorts of assertions on here to back up a point without any first hand evidence whatsoever. I didn't realise it was a prerequisite. 

5 minutes ago, GrassyNoel said:

I've noticed people make all sorts of assertions on here to back up a point without any first hand evidence whatsoever. I didn't realise it was a prerequisite. 

What ? - but thats precisely what you have done ? - I agree others may have done it before - but thats not really the issue. You've credited Stevie G with implementing 'Modern Fresh training methods'  and yet can offer no evidence to support this. Don't make stuff up if you don't want to be taken to task over it. 

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

What ? - but thats precisely what you have done ? - I agree others may have done it before - but thats not really the issue. You've credited Stevie G with implementing 'Modern Fresh training methods'  and yet can offer no evidence to support this. Don't make stuff up if you don't want to be taken to task over it. 

You've lost me, but duly noted. I hope you're prepared to live by it also.

Can't see how anyone can be mad about playing Manchester United feat. PGMOL off their own patch, other than at the refs. We're not perfect, but we're obviously trending in the right direction, and SG is clearly not resting on his laurels and isn't satisfied with this.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Played well tonight, but I'm getting a bit **** fed up of losing to the 'top' sides. We need to start getting results against them.

me too....but I am more miffed at conceding soft goals and giving ourselves a mountain to climb.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

When somebody openly admit they hope he fails because they can’t stand the guy then they are going to struggle to see any improvements under him. 

This sort of attitude always makes me sick. 

3 hours ago, GrassyNoel said:

We’ve currently lost 4 out of the last 5 games…. That’s not a great return currently. I’d say confidence won’t be staying high for much longer. 

United and Everton away. Then a February we need to obliterate if we don’t get something from those two games

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Our manager is probably experiencing things going against him for the first time in his career .

Better get used to it at B6.

He'll be grey and haggard within 6 months. 

• Like 1

Â