Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 hour ago, Indigo said:

I like the point being hammered home that it isnt about specific time scales being put on the whole "European qualification" thing. I think an unrealistic idea of it was put across initially and that in turn led to some fan expectations following suit.

All you have to do is look at the efforts from most clubs with similar ambitions in recent seasons to see how difficult it can be. Main thing for me is if Gerrard and Co. can establish a discernible identity in the team that gets more out of them than we've seen. If that can happen then suddenly you're competing at the right end of the table and can at least be in the conversation. This needs to be seen as a gradual progression rather than heaping the pressure on early doors.

Absolutely this. 

Maybe we can stop pretending the world of football ends if we don't qualify for Europe this season. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, lexicon said:

All a bit standard - doesn't give us any insight into anything, really.

In any case, talk is cheap and what we see on the pitch is the important thing. 

Your damn sure right about that..

Gerrard talks ace in his press conference and he sure lays abit out of what he wants, but let's be clear you can tell he doesn't want to spit to much and he just wants to get out there and prove himself, same to us fans that he's got the goods to nail this down.

I'm just trying to reserve myself for his first game and say let's just see how Stevey G does.

Does no one have any Stevey O party boy Jack ass memory's come to mind with all this Stevey G?

Don't worry Stevey G we will soon get you dancing Naked around VillaPark, I'm sure we can make a new Jackass season by end of this seasons football.

Have to say I'm surprised by some of the comments.   I thought it was an excellent performance, he certainly impressed me and I was definitely in the unimpressed camp when the appointment was announced. I begin to see where TRO is coming from.

I was worried when we sold Jack that we would be struggling this season. Now I think if there's anybody that can turn us around with the players we have, Gerrard can do it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

It could be argued that van Bronckhorst has a better cv than Gerard as the Dutch league is usually a 3 club league, not 2. Just saying.

Won loads more titles as a player as well :)

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s banned tomato ketchup lol.

I reckon the late starts are going to be scrapped.

Definitely I don’t understand this late start nonsense, every other working person in the world gets up early for work why should footballers be different? I’d like to play games all night but I know I need to get up in the morning so I don’t , If they can’t be disciplined enough to get up Early and not stay up late then they aren’t professional  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Definitely I don’t understand this late start nonsense, every other working person in the world gets up early for work why should footballers be different?

This is literally just not true…I can list loads of professions that don’t.

• Like 2

Â