The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

Houllier had strips torn off him when we visited Anfield and the media love-in didn't help.

I'm not in the habit of intentionally missing games - but if it's Gerrard at the helm, I'll give that one a miss.

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

"What I'll never do is try to do someone else's job when they are better than me at doing it," Gerrard told The Robbie Fowler Podcast.

Well that just seals it that Gerrard isn’t coming to Villa.  He admitted that because he couldn’t do a better job than obviously Smith he wouldn’t take it.

giphy.gif

😉😂😂😂

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Indeed. It goes down well with fans at the time. "Good old Stevie kickin em up the arse" - I hope SG has more in his locker than that.

Yep sometimes its needed but after you say it weekly it gets boring

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

Funny how Purslow having a prior decent relationship with Gerrard is depicted as a bad thing/favours for mates, rather than a huge positive that leads to better judgement and intel aswell as making it easier to convince him to come.

If he was the right level definitely but not in this case when you are giving an undeserved bump up.

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Funny how Purslow having a prior decent relationship with Gerrard is depicted as a bad thing/favours for mates, rather than a huge positive that leads to better judgement and intel aswell as making it easier to convince him to come.

How's that work then ? 

I think villa want a name. and it looks like Stevie is that name. I don't think them being at pool at the same time has much to do it.

25 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

It's done apparently, announced Friday. Mcallister and Beale coming in. Source is one of them friend of a friend itk jobs..

God know if true but it's likely it will happen regardless

Not quite done but pretty much there . Maybe bit to do regarding staff but minor issues - Friday looks good 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

If he was the right level definitely but not in this case when you are giving an undeserved bump up.

But who is claiming that, that is literally farming a weird agenda out of nothing, Purslow can't and won't act alone without oversight, this jobs for mates guff is laughable.

I don't particularly even want Gerrard but making out he has been given an unfair advantage is just dog waffle.

I have been lucky enough to meet Mr Purslow on a few occasions. I can quite honestly say that if there's a word I wouldn't associate with him it's sentimental.

If he's looking at Gerrard because of their former relationship, it's because he's seen enough in that relationship to believe that Gerrard can do the job.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I have been lucky enough to meet Mr Purslow on a few occasions. I can quite honestly say that if there's a word I wouldn't associate with him it's sentimental.

If he's looking at Gerrard because of their former relationship, it's because he's seen enough in that relationship to believe that Gerrard can do the job.

No mate, he just wants to help his best chum get a leg up on his way to the Liverpool job, Purslow and Gerrard have no interest in Villa or our success