Christmas 2021

sidcow

Wrapped the presents yesterday as I am on the bench from work this week. Realised I have bought my wife what amounts to **** all. Today I am going to see what Stafford has to offer up to a woman that likes Monty Don and Dogs. May go for perfume. 

People used to moan about Cowells grip on the Christmas Number 1, how it was no longer organic and it was a given that one of his acts would get it. Seems Ladbaby is going to have their 4th Christmas Number 1 in a row, a cover of the current number 1, and featuring Ed Sheeran. I understand it's for charity, but even then I would question how much the charity gets, the sales pretty much exist for one week, they promote it like hell, and they have to give a slice (historically) to the original writers, I suspect the money given to charity is minimal. Anyway, enough. Looks like Ladbaby and Elton and Ed are getting the Christmas Number 1. 

8 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

People used to moan about Cowells grip on the Christmas Number 1, how it was no longer organic and it was a given that one of his acts would get it. Seems Ladbaby is going to have their 4th Christmas Number 1 in a row, a cover of the current number 1, and featuring Ed Sheeran. I understand it's for charity, but even then I would question how much the charity gets, the sales pretty much exist for one week, they promote it like hell, and they have to give a slice (historically) to the original writers, I suspect the money given to charity is minimal. Anyway, enough. Looks like Ladbaby and Elton and Ed are getting the Christmas Number 1. 

Googled Ladbaby, could have been worse I guess but jeez that’s uninspiring 

10 minutes ago, Eidolon said:

Googled Ladbaby, could have been worse I guess but jeez that’s uninspiring 

Never heard of it/them!

I did watch a doc on Bandaid last night. At least they wrote the thing so had all of the royalties going to the charity. 

If it's a cover it's not making real money.

18 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

First couscous, now this. 

He's a knob and his musical output has been shit for many years but he's never struck me as an out and out word removed. He's not in the same league as say Bonio from that Irish Band

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

He's a knob and his musical output has been shit for many years but he's never struck me as an out and out word removed. He's not in the same league as say Bonio from that Irish Band

Agreed, actually. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Fair point. Elton may waive royalties as might Ed Sheeran who also seems like a fairly decent guy. 

Edited by Seat68

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Read that as Ladybaby at first.  Now that would be a Christmas number 1 I could get behind...

I couldn’t tell you what’s been Christmas number one at any point in the last 20 odd years. If I had to guess one though, I’d say Ed Sheeran, because that’s the answer I give to all pop music questions. 80% of the time it’s right!

As for Ladbaby, I was made to watch 30 seconds of his hilarious video once, I think it was the one where he very cleverly swapped the words ‘rock n’ roll’ for ‘sausage roll’. It was genius on a level I’d never experienced. The doors of perception were blown wide open that day. 

I knew it would be shit when the Facebook Karen in my team wouldn’t stop going on about how funny he is. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2