Relegation Avoidance Thread

HanoiVillan

28 minutes ago, Mantis said:

And if Watford win that would move the relegation zone closer to us. So what?

Means they're moving above us or closer to us, Burnley 3 pts closer, hard to beat. 2 games next week

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

Burnley winning! relegation fight is on

How? We are still 7 points clear and four others teams between us and them, those 4 teams are 3 to 5 points behind us as well and we have a far superior goal difference which is basically another point.  We are shit at the moment but talk of relegation is silly.

• Like 2

One team that appears safe after 20-25 games usually gets dragged into it. That could be us. I don’t think it will be, but Newcastle and Burnley had good January windows it would seem and are on a bit of a run. 

I think we’ll be fine, but we need a win to settle the nerves. I’d be very worried if I was a Leeds or Brentford fan as I think they’re about to find themselves amongst it. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

How? We are still 7 points clear and four others teams between us and them, those 4 teams are 3 to 5 points behind us as well and we have a far superior goal difference which is basically another point.  We are shit at the moment but talk of relegation is silly.

It really isn’t Nick. Highly improbable, yes, but silly? No. 

We need to win football matches and we can’t seem to do that. It’s a problem. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

One team that appears safe after 20-25 games usually gets dragged into it. That could be us. I don’t think it will be, but Newcastle and Burnley had good January windows it would seem and are on a bit of a run. 

I think we’ll be fine, but we need a win to settle the nerves. I’d be very worried if I was a Leeds or Brentford fan as I think they’re about to find themselves amongst it. 

Brentford and Leeds can really battle though. This is something we seem completely unable to do. 

We couldn’t half do with some points out of the next 3 games. If we take 2 or fewer point from those then I think we’re right in it as it’s hard to see us getting much from the next 5 after that.

Would I fancy us to go into relegation 6 pointers with Burnley and Norwich in the last few weeks of the season and get results? It’s hard to see it with how easy to play against we have been the last few weeks.

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Wake up! we're in the relegation fight! The bottom sides are all picking up big points apart from us. Burnley have game in hands

12 minutes ago, Mantis said:

You must be absolutely delighted.

I'm sick to my stomach. Gerrard out

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

It really isn’t Nick. Highly improbable, yes, but silly? No. 

We need to win football matches and we can’t seem to do that. It’s a problem. 

It really is silly, I don’t see the bottom three getting 34 points.  So basically we need 7 points in the next 14 games.  

Even as bad as we are at the moment we’ll get more than that so it is silly otherwise you’ll be saying Leicester and Palace are in it as well.  

Even if you don’t consider them and think Burnley and Newcastle get out of it, you still have how poor Leeds, Brentford and Everton are.  

So to me, it is silly this thread at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I think a lot of the thinking is (understandably) influenced by how poor we've been for the past 2 and a half games. But also worth remembering that it's unlikely this form will carry on forever.

I think it's simply that we've been so poor against two of the poorest teams in the league and that just makes its so difficult to see where the next win will come. We need a lucky, in off the arse, opposition hitting the posts/ crossbar type win in order to relieve a bit of tension.