Weekends Football 17/19 September

andykeenan

40 minutes ago, KMitch said:

They throw so many men forward that they're always vulnerable on the counter...  If Bruceball looks dangerous against you, you're doing something wrong.

Also, Newcastle under Bruce look like we did in the Championship under him.  Get the ball to your one creative player (Grealish/ASM) and hope he can do something magical.  Until that happens, defend, defend, defend.  

Newcastle looked alright here I thought - created plenty of chances, not at all “defend, defend, defend”. 

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

How many of those 15 goals are from pens? Just out of interest. 

Joelinton scored 1 penalty for Newcastle.

El Ghazi has scored 6 for us. 

Just now, Zatman said:

Leeds are definitely a team with 2nd season syndrome. Better teams will smash them if they play like this and I dont mean just the top teams

Not seen the stats for distance covered but the press and energy looked nowhere near as good

Definitely a touch of Sheffield United about them, all that buzz and adrenaline has died down and the energy on the pitch looks to have gone with it

21 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I don't know if ASM is selfish or he just doesn't trust his teammates at all.  He's a brilliant player whenever I watch him, but always seems to shoot straight at the keeper when he has a teammate he could square it to, more often than not.  

Think he doesn't trust them, and I don't blame him. They have a much better chance of scoring if he's the one taking the shot, regardless of where it's from. The alternative is giving it to Joelinton or someone like that and watching them blaze it over.

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Think he doesn't trust them, and I don't blame him. They have a much better chance of scoring if he's the one taking the shot, regardless of where it's from. The alternative is giving it to Joelinton or someone like that and watching them blaze it over.

I think it's one of the weaker parts of his game though, it looks great and exciting and results in good saves but he's a blaster, hit it goal ward as hard as he can and hope for the best 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think it's one of the weaker parts of his game though, it looks great and exciting and results in good saves but he's a blaster, hit it goal ward as hard as he can and hope for the best 

Steve Bruce:

Partridge Cloud | "i'll take my chances."

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not seen the stats for distance covered but the press and energy looked nowhere near as good

Definitely a touch of Sheffield United about them, all that buzz and adrenaline has died down and the energy on the pitch looks to have gone with it

I watched them last week and they certainly don’t seem to have the same energy levels. I think they have much better players than Sheff U had though and also a much better manager. I suspect that they will be fine. We definitely should be targeting to finish above them though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

I watched them last week and they certainly don’t seem to have the same energy levels. I think they have much better players than Sheff U had though and also a much better manager. I suspect that they will be fine. We definitely should be targeting to finish above them though.

Not convinced the manager is much better, he has one style which when working looks superb especially for the neutral but if it’s not working looks poor.  Wouldn’t surprise me if he walked out if they were like this in another 10 games, he does have a bit of history of dramatics at other clubs.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

The only quality they currently have is Raphinha and the goalkeeper. Defence is absolute woeful and they pretty much have nothing in midfield or attack

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Leeds are definitely a team with 2nd season syndrome. Better teams will smash them if they play like this and I dont mean just the top teams

And yet you’ll still get Gary Neville saying he couldn’t see anything wrong with their performances once they’re relegated 

• Like 1

Â