lexicon

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I thought he was decent.

Needs to work on his Emi impressions with the time eating though 😂

At least Emi tries to make it seem somewhat non scripted.

TBF he did well in the time wasting dept. Still cant believe they didnt try and press him in the last few seconds

• Like 1

It’ll always be hard to go from Emi to anyone else, much less a 20 year old. 

But looked willing to distribute and you could see how far out his positioning was compared to Olsen. Modern sweeper keeper. 

But a bit too casual like some of the newer sweeper keepers. Hopefully starts the cup vs Boro. 

Every time i see his name I think he's that old 3rd choice keeper we had a few years ago, and I'm surprised he's still knocking about.

I'm thinking of Andy Marshall who is 48 years old. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s getting a lot of love because it was his debut and he’s young, I get that, fine.

Let’s not pretend he played well though. He should have kept the goal out and he almost made two very poor errors that cost us goals.

So, an improvement on Olsen. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, YLN said:

Every time i see his name I think he's that old 3rd choice keeper we had a few years ago, and I'm surprised he's still knocking about.

Made me think of Ian Marshall the ex long haired Ipswich striker...no idea why.

1 hour ago, YLN said:

Same here 😂

He did ok though. 

5 hours ago, YLN said:

He was with us three or four years and I think made that many appearances on the bench but never actually played?

I applied for that job but Kalvin Phillips beat me to it.

So out of interest, who was the last keeper to come through our youth/academy ranks to start a competitive senior game for us?

I guess apart from Akos Onodi who played that FA Cup game against Liverpool along with the entire youth team 

• 1 month later...

I love the fact that we never stunt a players development , even though it might possibly impact us. We do things right. He has been on the bench all season and got the one start. And now he gets a chance in League 1 . 

Â