lexicon

• 1 month later...

Gateshead playing Halifax today at Wembley in FA Trophy Final.

Not sure if Marschall will play though as I think they rested him in previous rounds.

Still a good experience for him to be going to Wembley as part of the squad whether starting or not.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

He's done well in consecutive seasons with Gateshead, in the vanarama north then the national League. 14 clean sheets across 39 games is nothing to be sniffed at for a teenager. Hoping we can get him into the football league now with the next loan, there must be some admirers other than Gateshead out there. 

10 minutes ago, skarroki said:

He's done well in consecutive seasons with Gateshead, in the vanarama north then the national League. 14 clean sheets across 39 games is nothing to be sniffed at for a teenager. Hoping we can get him into the football league now with the next loan, there must be some admirers other than Gateshead out there. 

Haven’t we loaned Sinisalo out? If so I think Marschall will be kept as 3rd choice keeper due to the European squad requirements as we are too light on club home-grown players and it doesn’t make much sense to waste a non-home grown slot on a new 3rd keeper

Edited by david-avfc
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Who’s the better keeper between him and Sinisalo?

Good question! Not seen Sinisalo play though. Can we keep and develop both?

Both are surely better than our current no. 2

I think both Sinisalo and Marschall are decent, from what I've seen Marschall is more of a modern day goalkeeper, very good on the ball, almost plays like a sweeper, was very important in that role in Youth Cup win, I think I read he was outfield player until late in his youth career, not saying Sinisalo isn't good at that stuff, just that it's something that particularly stands out with Marschall.

We've also got Oliwier Zych and James Wright who are decent as well, Wight only eighteen but already made our first team bench last season, and was academy player of the year, this was his miraculous save against Solihull the other night, signed from Man City a few years ago, so I'm guessing might be another that's half decent on the ball.

New scholar Sam Proctor very highly rated as well, probably one of the best goalkeepers in his age group in the country, obviously years away from our first team, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's promtoed to our U21s sooner than usual, he's already played for them in a friendly, if that does happen it could hasten one or two of the older keepers going out on loan, I actually wouldn't be surprised to see all three of Marschall, Zych, and Sinisalo go out on loan with Wright as U21 keeper next season and third choice for the first team.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, david-avfc said:

Haven’t we loaned Sinisalo out? If so I think Marschall will be kept as 3rd choice keeper due to the European squad requirements as we are too light on club home-grown players and it doesn’t make much sense to waste a non-home grown slot on a new 3rd keeper

I'd rather keep Zych as 3rd choice and get Marschall out on loan. He's proven he's ready to be first choice in professional football at an early age and so it would be a shame to go from that experience to occasionally sitting on a bench in Europe and playing under 21 games. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Good luck Filip.

Hopefully he takes this opportunity tonight, as it could mean promotion to our full time number two going forward, or maybe a loan to a higher level club next season depending on what the club decide is best for his development and what is happening with Olsen.

44 minutes ago, Enda said:

Big day for the young man. Starts in Bosnia for us tonight.

Best of luck out there, Filip.

Should have been the feature picture on the teamsheet. 

• Like 1

I thought he did well, not sure that moment where the ball deflected over him was even his fault, Chambers should have got out of the way, but harsh to blame too, just one of those freak moments, and then moments later I think Marschall tried too hard to prove that he wasn't rattled by previous incident and took and took extra touch when he should have just booted the ball one, that was his mistake for sure, but overall did well when called into action.

We've had a young U18 on trial from Bury recently, and we already have Proctor, Hammond, and Lewis at that level all of whom are seemingly somewhat decent having received England youth call ups, Proctor looks especailly promising, so if we're looking at another U18, I suspect the plan is to give Proctor more game time with the 21s, and one of Marschall or Wright will go out on loan, maybe both

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, useless said:

I thought he did well, not sure that moment where the ball deflected over him was even his fault, Chambers should have got out of the way

I can't blame Chambers for that one. He was facing his own goal. It would have been stupid to play the ball. Better to leave it for Marschall who can see what's going on, so he shielded the ball for Marschall to play it. Marschall should have played it up the wing instead of up the middle where two players were in his way.

In the end, no big deal. It didn't cost us.

• Like 1

Â